Redraw today, so anxious...

iVillage Member
Redraw today, so anxious...
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 10:27am

I had my 3rd beta drawn this morning and I should hear this afternoon how they turned out.  The first two weren't quite double, so I am very nervous with my history of 8 or so losses in the past 2 years.  I know we just met, but if you could spare a few prayers for me I would really appreciate it.  I am just so anxious and nervous about finding out.  It has been 4 of the hardest days with being in limbo once again.  Thanks so much!

Karri

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 8:35pm
Thanks! I am always on the fence...when you don't have someone who checks, I tend to panic. When I get them checked, I freak over the values. Not sure there is really a better way, but I like that the RE does an u/s and follows closely so at least I am not thinking everything is fine until an 8 wk u/s. I posted on a professional MD board about my numbers, and he feels my progesterone is too low and that I should up my dose. Ironically, I was thinking that this may have something to do with why my numbers never seem to go up well so I had already taken an extra dose. So I am taking 2 extra doses over the 4 days to see if the next numbers are better. Perhaps it will be enough to push me over the edge. Crossing my fingers for 1220 tomorrow :smileywink: Trying to stay optimistic, but not get my hopes up too high.

Karri

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:37am
Your HCg numbers are great! The normal doubling time is 48-72 hours so you fall well within that. They aren't off or slow at all. Many people fall within the 48 hours so the information gets skewed, especially on the Internet. My progesterone with this pregnancy was 20.1 and that is also usually considered normal. I personally wouldn't take extra without speaking with my doctor and I am also a nurse but extra progesterone doesn't adversely affect pregnancy. I would be more concerned with the side effects progesterone can have on my own body! Hope if you get another check your numbers look better for your own peace of mind but those numbers are good! I imagine I would question and stress over evrything though if I had been through all you have. You are one strong mama!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

Pages