going out with the girls!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
going out with the girls!
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 10:30am
So tonight my two besties and I are staying in a posh hotel and going out on the town! I'm very excited because I planned this months ago, long before I knew AP or even intended to go that direction. It was planned as a way for me to get some me time, and hubby was super supportive. He gets his guy weekends from time to time, but since having the kids, I hadn't had this. Its harder for my friends to get away, so this is a special thing for me. I'm also glad I planned it before the A started, otherwise I probably wouldn't have taken this opportunity for myself (wouldhave probably planned something to see him instead). But this is just what I need.

My two friends, one is single and the other married. Neither know about my A. The single one knows I've thought about having an A, but doesn't know I've met someone. I don't feel like telling her would be a good idea because she knows my husband. She would never tell him, but I don't want to make it uncomfortable for her. The other reason is because she would possibly tell others, no one that I know, but still I don't want it out therejst the same. The other is married to someone who my husband works with. She might tell her husband if I tell her, so I haven't. I know the husband wouldn't tell mine, they are just casual aquaintances, but he'd know and that would be crappy to think he knew and thought my husband a fool.

So, in summary, I have specific reasons for not telling these two. I'm worried that in the excitement of girls night, alcohol, and a break from communication with AP, I'm going to be vulnerable and spill my news like a giddy schoolgirl. Please reassure me that its the right thing to keep quiet! :smileywink:
Community Leader
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:10am

Have a ton of fun for me!!! LOL

You don't need much reassurance from me or anyone else.  You seem to know what you are doing.  Pretend that AP doesn't exist tonight and let loose and have lots of fun for yourself with your friends.

Shadow Word generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:24am
Have a BLAST Gggb. You need this and wishing you a wonderful time. You deserve to treat yourself and enjoy the company of some great friends.

**Whatever you do DON"T share anything about your affair to any1. This is a rule that I live by. The less people that know the better. You just never know how someone will react to this type of news, especially if they have never experienced it. So when your sippin' on that alcohol be mindful not to reveal that.
Have fun!

Much peace & Love,

Rayne

<

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:25pm
; )

Much peace & Love,

Rayne

<

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:35pm
Have a BLAST and enjoy time with your girlfriends. I also second the no tell rule. Ya just never know how people will react. The only person i confided to had also confided in me when she had her affaiir many years ago. And we live quite a distance from each other and our familes never intermingle.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 1:48pm

Awesome gggb!  Going out with friends is important for you in your home relationship and this A.  I know that you are new to the board. Since you mentioned you planned this before AP and would of perhaps made time for him (now) instead of spending time with your friends--down the road you may find yourself doing exactly that.  It is so EZ in the beginning to want to spend any opportunity with him and putting other people aside for some brief moments.  I have been there.  Try to stay true to yourself because that will help you maintain some semblance of sanity!

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!