Weekend $$ Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend $$ Plans?
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:44am

Well I just spent about  $100 on gas, a meal, and parking to go see DH in the city with the baby for overnight. It was like a little holiday ! and didn't have to pay for the room of course.

I have a freezer and fridge full of groceries, spent 158 yesterday and DH spent  $200 at Costco so we should be just fine for a couple of weeks.

What does everyone have planned? Pricey or Frugal?

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:31pm
Pretty boring and hopefully very frugal weekend planned here. The car needs an oil change, and that $ will come out of our car fund. My parents are coming over for dinner on Saturday--we plan to grill some burgers and keep it simple. Sunday is church and maybe a DVD to watch in the afternoon. Our boys are getting into movies that my husband loves and has in his collection. Right now they are in an Indiana Jones phase. No money spent for that!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:39pm

I'm hoping for a very frugal weekend. We had a lasagne in the freezer, from a massive cooking I did a few weeks ago. We do need a jar of spaghetti for that, just to make it better. We also have food on hand for dinner on Saturday and could easily eat left-overs Sunday as well. I'll need to pick up dog food and I'm getting my hair cut today. We need gas in the car. Other than that, I don't think we'll spend much, primarily because we'll be home doing yard work. I'm even planning to hang the clothes on the line and get a little money from taking the beer bottles to redemption :smileywink:.

Didi

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:52pm

Frugal....

A little yard work, a little house work (actually I need to shampoo carpet), a little watching football and a lot of enjoying the weekend at home with my hubby and animals.

Norma

"Patience is the best remedy for every trouble"- Plautus

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 6:13am

I'm kind of dreading this weekend...

I have a fitness training ALL DAY today.  It's supposed to run from 9-6, but I'm hoping it won't run that long.  I anticipate spending about $7 today.  Between coffee to bring and then probably going to get lunch, though I'm up so early I may just make my lunch.  DD is going to a friend's house today so no money on a sitter :smileyhappy:

Tomorrow... I'm supposed to have the Walk to End Alzheimer's on Sunday.  Parking will be a bit of an expense, but nothing unbearable.  I was hoping to take DD to the large mall downtown this weekend for some play time, but we'll see.

I also need to fit grocery and household shopping in there somewhere :smileyindifferent:

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 11:04am

Car (routine) maintenance and gas - $100

Grocery and stuff - $35

Going to a crafter's event - $45

Other than those, just trying to have a quiet weekend at home and catch up on baking and housework, etc.  A total of $180 should cover everything.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 3:33pm

Fairly inexpensive lowkey weekend for us.  We ordered in pizza $28 and I ordered DS's costume $58 and grocery shopping will be tomorrow.  I did do some holiday shopping too on Amazon $37.  All within the budget. 

DH moving rest of stuff out of the old house today.  I'm doing housework.  Watched a move last night and board games tonight.  More housework and grocery shopping on Sunday. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 11:00pm

I didn't post because this w/end is SO expensive...

$600 for new brakes and oil change on car

$300 for food and sundries at Costco

DH has decided to switch over to my diet so the only way to stay on budget now will be to not eat out. So far, we haven't eaten out once and there will be no need tomm. But I might have to take DS1 shopping since I can't find my size 5 box of clothes! He outgrew size 4 overnight and is complaining that he doesn't like his pants anymore. I hope I didn't accidently give that box to charity! I don't have a whole new wardrobe in budget...I had hand-me-downs for the next 3 sizes for him. Luckily, I did find the size 6 & 7 so this won't happen again.

Dee

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 4:32pm
I am staying home and working on Saturday, then DD20 is coming home Sunday with dirty laundry and taking clean money back to college - lol. I will make dinner for her and clean up the house for me (since no one else seems to care!) Dh is going north to our cabin for a 3 day weekend. He will eat with family, so very little spent there as well. Other than grocery shopping, which I hope will be under $100 for the last two weeks, should be a frugal weekend. -Marie
#Marie