Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:07pm

I have the kids to myself this weekend while DH is on a 3-day camping trip with his buddies.  He was so excited on his way out the door which was cute, LOL.

Katie has been planning to go to the State Fair with 3 of her pals tonight, but she came down with a cold yesterday and had to miss school today.  Maybe her buddies will be willing to postpone their plans or go again if she isn't up to it tonight (?).

Dave is on a field trip today.  He has been looking forward to it and even got up 20 minutes early.  When it's just "regular school," I have to drag him out of bed.

One big item is Matt's car.  It was supposed to be ready early in the week, but when they replaced the front fender they realized the door had to be replaced too.  Hopefully the paint is dry now and we can bring the car home at last.

Finally, our million-dollar dog is sick again.  We just had her medication levels checked out and they were good, but I think her stomach ulcer is bleeding again.  Of course it's almost the weekend and the emergency vet is way too expensive so I'm going to monitor her for now (and use the rest of the meds we have from the last crisis).

What will you be up to this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:17pm

Isn't it funny how our DH's get so excited to do thing with their buddies.....just cracks me up!

Dylan's flag football coach is a local high school kid and we thought it would be neat for the kids to go to one of their home games so we are going tonight....it's an early game starts at 5 as there are other teams playing at 8.  I emailed a couple of the other families...and so far we may be the only ones....the others forgot and made other plans...oh well!!

We have a few things to finish up in Riley's bedroom so we want to try to get those done this weekend.  Then just prep for our trip...DH is really weird and always likes to clean the house before we leave....so that will be in the mix as well.  Looks like a very rainy weekend for us, so that will be good inside work to go.  I'd like to fit in a Pedi too....last one for the season!!!  One good thing at least I won't have to get too much at the grocery store...why stock up the house when we will be gone!

TGIF!!!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:36pm

That's nice you will be there to show the coach some love, hope they have a good game!

My hubs is the same way when we leave for a trip.  He has to get the house "just so."  He says it's because we'll be too tired to clean when we get home, but really it's because that's the way his mom always did it.  And I have to admit that it tends to work out nicely (although if burglars come in I would prefer they see a disaster area and run for their lives, LOL).

Happy Weekend!

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:27pm

Brie, it's good to know you too see the differences between a two-parent household and just the one.  You mentioned a separation before so you are likely a pro (God bless everyone, big and small).  You need to leave your DH in charge occasionally so HE gets it too!

The longest we were apart was a couple of weeks in early '97.  I landed a job at Duke and DH was serving out his notice at work in SC so Matt, Katie, and I moved to NC without him.  I had already enrolled the kids at 'La Petite' daycare across the street which was very cool because they had kiddie computers.

Anyway, none of us are morning people so for 2 weeks straight, we did play, dinner and bath, and then I dressed my babies in their comfie clothes for the next day at daycare and put them to bed.  The next morning, Matt tinkled while I brushed Kate's teeth and changed her, and then they were ready for breakfast at "school" while I dashed to work.  It was nuts so props to all the single parents in the world - really.  I only do PJs when hubs is around to help do the transition, LOL. 

Three phone calls later and the body shop said Matt's car will be ready on Monday.  I don't even want to know how long it would take to correct a serious accident!

Kate is still sick but her girlfriends compromised.  Two went to the fair tonight as planned.  All four are going to the fair next Friday together.  She got lucky.

Mandy is a mess.  However, they told me when I adopted her at 8 weeks' old that she might live for 10 to 12 years, and we are past 13 years so I just feel thankful.  She has been the best fur-baby ever, even though I will be paying vet bills for many years after she passes.

My children loved those baby mats.  I have even bought some for friends' grandbabies.  Hope you find a fun one!

You aren't a dope, just ambitious which is a good thing.  Hope the project goes smoothly and you meet the deadine...  Let us know!

Photobucket"