Do you have a favorite saint?

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:44pm

To celebrate All Saints Day, Ian has to choose a saint and write a report.  This is the first year where he's gotten to choose one for himself.  The past two years, the teachers have assigned the class a saint to write about.  I'm going to sit down this weekend with him to help him choose.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:18pm

I have a group of favorite saints, mostly women.  My answer would depend on what day I was asked.  But today, I'll offer a male saint: Saint Augustine.  He wasn't a doctor of the church for nothing.  Brilliant in philosophy and repentance.

Express!

Beth "Petrouchka"

Drat, should I have said St. John Vianney?!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 6:42am
I have a few...St. Monica, St. Francis of Asissi, the Blessed Mother, St. Anthony. Blessed Theresa of Calcutta. My boys each have a favorite. My oldest is fond of St. Michael the archangel. He has liked him for years. I think it is something to do with his sword, and him stabbing the devil in some of the statues. My younger son likes St. Anthony of Padua. He was assigned a project on him in 3rd grade, and since then, they've been buds. On a side note.. Not sure if I like this format. I haven't yet been able to find/read Beth's reply, and it took me several minutes to post this. Maybe because I'm on my iPad?

PJPIIadoration.jpg picture by Kimberly_sahm

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 2:55pm

I am just finally able to read posts on my tablet.  It's a Samsung Galaxy, though.  I still can't read replies on my phone, though.

Ian had a hard time choosing a saint.  He kept wanting to go to the popular ones, but couldn't actually choose.  I finally told him he'd be writing his report on St. Padre Pio.  We sat down the other night and did some research.  I learned a lot too!  He's happy with this choice.  He told me last night that St. Padre Pio is pretty cool.