22w appointment!

iVillage Member
22w appointment!
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:47pm

I had my 22 week appointment today. Officially got my results from my ultrasound, baby is healthy but I have a low lying placenta. If I remember correctly, I had this with DS#2 and it corrected itself later on in the pregnancy. BUT, I get another ultrasound at 28 weeks to check it. And another one at 36 weeks. Woohoo! :smileyhappy:

I got the lovely fruit drink for my GD test. I have that at my next appointment. They also drew my blood again to check my antibodies and I'll get the rundown on that at my next appointment as well. Otherwise, I'm moving right along!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:54pm

I just had my "20 week" but it's actually about 22 weeks appointment and based on my ultrasound I also have a low lying placenta!  That just means another ultrasound at 32 weeks - so hopefully my experience is like yours and that placenta moves on up and I just get to see Baby Boy one more time before birth!  I also got the glucose drink for my next appointment - oh goody!

Congrats on a good looking ultrasound!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:04pm
Glad your appointment went well. It's nice to get another U/S but I wish I didn't have a reason to! They saw a little shadow on my baby's heart and want to make sure it's not anything more than a shadow. I am trying not to think about it, but it does cross my mind a lot! Still just trying to be positive and baby is kicking with more force, so I'm hoping that's a good sign that everything is fine! Sorry you both have low lying placenta's, hopefully it will correct itself as the uterus stretches!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:27am

Congrats!  The yummy glucose drink is sitting in my fridge at home as well for my next appointment.  fun stuff!

Photobucket