Weigh In

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Weigh In
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 1:45pm

During this pregnancy I lost 5 pounds (due to morning sickness) in the first trimester and gained it back plus 10 additional pounds.  We have made it pass the halfway mark.  Has anyone else checked their weight gain/loss so far?  My doctor brought it up at my last visit so it appears they are monitoring it. 

iVillage Member
In reply to: duchessdina
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:14am
I'm up 9 pounds according to my scale at home, although my scale hated me this morning. My friend was visiting since Friday and he uses visiting me as an excuse to ignore his diet and insists on eating out all weekend! I tried to get him to eat in, but it didn't work out so well. I'm hoping that the 3 pounds the scale said I gained over the weekend was wrong and is just fluxuation! Otherwise I'm up 12 pounds which really isn't horrible I guess. It just irritates me that he visits and breaks his diet every time he visits and pretty much convinces me to break my good habits as well!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:59am

I am down -2 lbs so far in this pregnancy but baby is healthy so I'm not worried. My first I gained 26 lbs, my second I only gained a total of 9 lbs so I am hoping I am on track with this one to be the same as #2.

Alicia Mom to Logan - Jan 9, 2005 and Colby - Oct 15, 2008
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 6:09pm
I'm not really sure what I weighed right before getting pregnant, but last time I had an appt with the midwife, I was up 4 lbs from my first appt. I'm pretty sure I've put on a few more lbs this month.. I was told to expect to gain about a pound a week from this point on.
iVillage Member
In reply to: babywishes1
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 10:42pm

Not sure on my weight gain....back in September I was at 8.5# gained (I think I was about 20 weeks) and I know I've gained another 3 at least.  I have an appt the 18th to check the cysts on the baby's brain (doctor says they are small & should go away on their own).  Renee0611 thanks for the laugh -- DH asked me what the heck I was LOL about and I had to tell him that you said making penises has made you sick.  Guess he didn't find it as funny as I did.

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 5:07pm
I've been holding steady at 3-5 lbs below my prepregnany weight. I actually got fussed at a couple appointments ago for losing weight. I swear I eat. I'm just not gaining. but I've been really sick too. Still tossing the cookies at 24 weeks. Apparently my body doesn't like making penises. I was really sick with my first son too. Not so much with DD. Baby's been growing right on track so I'm not stressing.
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 4:21pm
I'm not really weighing very often because I know I'll inevitably go over my magic "no man's land" number and will be just depressed about it - no matter how legitimate the reason. (I don't have a diagnosed disorder, but I do have severe body image issues and was consider 'borderline' anorexic in high school, whatever that means.) As of my last appointment, I was holding steady at about a 3-4 pound gain, and I don't feel like I've gained much more. Whatever I end up gaining in the end, I'm most proud that I've been able to adopt a healthier mentality and accept that it doesn't matter how much I gain -- I'll just work hard to lose it and the weight I was attempting to lose before getting pregnant once the baby is born. All I can do now is attempt to make wise choices but not beat myself up for indulging in a craving or two (or three...or four).

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 3:46pm
I'm embarrassed to even say this but... I'm officially at 30lbs after my doctor appointment today. It's right on track for my 40-45lb weight gain that I had with both of my other kids. *shrug*
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:52pm

I initially lost 9-10 pounds & so far I've only gained back 5 of those pounds, so amazingly enough I'm still at a lower weight than I was.  The thing that irritates me is that I count that as a current -4 lb weight gain, but my doc calls it 5 lbs ... guess she doesn't subtract what I lost & only counts the ones that go on.  :smileysad:  Yuck!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:20pm
Ugh, I'm too scared to get on the scale! LOL. Last time I checked I was up around 18 lbs....but with our trip to Disneyland and all...it is probably more now.