My almost 16 week appt

iVillage Member
My almost 16 week appt
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:28pm

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat this time -- dh thought it sounded like an out-of-breath marathon runner trying to breathe.

They're starting me on progesterone in the hopes that I can carry the baby past 36 weeks and not have pre-term labor like I did with my 2nd. I was given the choice of weekly shots or daily suppositories -- let's just say I voted against shots in the butt.

My "big" ultrasound is scheduled for the day before dh's birthday -- aka 11/9/12 and then I have my next regular appt right after that.

I'm still weighing in at the same weight as I did at 6 weeks.  Wondering if this pg will be like my first in the weight respect.  With dd I weighed 10 lbs heavier at my last ob appt the day before she was born than I did before I got pg....and was back to my pre-pg weight as soon as she was born.

Lisa

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 9:37am

Glad you got to hear the heartbeat! I am in the same boat with the weight thing, I weigh less now than I did in  th beginning. Same thing happened with my first. I will prob only gain back what I loss and another 5-10 pounds (heres hoping).   I did daily shots for the first 12 weeks and let me tell you...I don't blame you for choosing the suppositories!! Lol!! I really wanted to, but I had a very strict dr who insisted on the shot. My dh did them for me, which helped a lot.