Worried about ultrasound... :(

iVillage Member
Worried about ultrasound... :(
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 5:39am

My husband and I decided to try for our second... I got off cezarette and was pleasantly surprised that I got pregnant so quickly! Our first month of trying.

I made a post earlier because I'm confused at what my due date is (hence why I don't have a ticker yet). AF came on August 30, but I had spotting/light bleeding for three days starting on September 10 (I figured it was implementation bleeding, even though that would have meant I ovulated earlier than mid-cycle, but it could have been a light period).  My first HCG test was Oct 5 and came back 176, and then we took another test on Oct 10 and came back 3,271. I figured for such a huge spike in only 5 days, at least I'm going strong.

My first appointment with my OB-GYN was Oct 11 and I've been trying not to panic. She did an ultrasound and  the sac was empty. She said that going by the first day of my last period (August 30), it would make me 6 weeks, and the size of the sac is normal. She said not to worry, that it may be too early to see anything. I've had a miscarriage before (many years ago), so it's hard not to worry.

I thought people can hear the heartbeat and, at least, see the yolk by now!  She scheduled me for another appointment on Oct 26 so we can check again. What's your experience? Have any of you seen empty sacs at 6 weeks. Should I be preparing myself for the worst?  My daughter turned 1 years old on Oct 6, and we're so looking forward to having another baby soon.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 8:26pm
Hi! When I was pregnant with my daughter they didn't see anything but the yolk sac at 6weeks. It was rough as they told me it might not be good news but at the next u/s we saw the heartbeat.

Keeping you in prayer!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 6:25am

Thanks you guys. I keep telling myself it will be okay, just hard not to worry.

Time is passing so slow, I wish I could have another ultrasound now. However, if it's still too early and I don't see anything, that may be worse than waiting. I had a miscarriage many years ago, and praying this one sticks.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 6:12pm
I'm in the same boat! I had an ultrasound on Tuesday because I'd had light spotting on Sunday and the previous Wednesday. The tech was less than forthcoming, and she made me terrified. My doctor said that she was encouraged by what she saw and by my symptoms. I have a tilted uterus, so it was hard to get a good picture or measurements. I'm going back on November 2nd to get another peek. I'm so scared that I'll get bad news! :(
Photobucket