Period lasting only 2 days??

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Period lasting only 2 days??
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 5:29pm

My cycles have been around 26-27 days for almost a year now and my periods last 5 or so days. The week before I was due to start this month, I began to feel achy near my left ovary area and my stomach felt kind of full with farily mild cramping. 

I felt a lot of wetness and was sure that I started, but it was clear mucus tinged with a little brown blood. I used a pad, sure that I was going to start soon, but was a little confused, as I'm usually very dry about this time. Four days went by with NOTHING. And, out of nowhere, my period started ... right on time. It was a little on the heavy side for a day and tapered off on the 2nd day and that night, it was over. 

It's been four days and I'm still feeling achy and crampy. I've had occasional shooting pains going down my vagina and occasional shooting pain in my breasts. It's really strange to me.  

I'm not pregnant. I had a tubal done in 2007. The kind that you cut and burn. I worry about ectopic pregnancies, but I'm not in that kind of pain.

Any ideas? Just a strange month?

Community Leader
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 11:25pm
Hi there!

Since pregnancy isn't an option (though if it were me, I'd still test, $1 store), I would think possible ovarian cyst. Those can really mess with your hormones. I've had some that gave me all these pregnancy symptoms!

I would let it go and see what happens next month. Of course, if you are in pain, call your doctor and get checked out. If it is a cyst and it ruptures, it's extremely painful! Just be aware.

Photobucket