Just want some thoughts and opinions....PLEASE!!!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Just want some thoughts and opinions....PLEASE!!!
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 9:18pm

Hi everyone....I'm new here, and I just want to relay my situation and get some thoughts on it....

My husband and I recently started trying to have another baby (I have 3 from my previous marriage, he doesn't have any). I didn't have any trouble getting pregnant with my kids, and they were all very healthy babies :smileyhappy: After my last baby (6 years ago), I had an IUD placed. Which I recently had taken out in March 2012. We didn't start trying right away because I wanted to give my body some time to readjust since I hadn't had a period in 6 years. My cycle went RIGHT back to the way that it always was. 28 day cycles, with periods lasting 3-4 days (I know I'm lucky, they've always been like this). I ovulate on day 14, and I've been keeping track.

I had a period at the end of September and it was not like my period though. It was mostly spotty, with a few hours of what I wouldn't even call a heavy bleed. I took a few tests which were all negative, so I just didn't think anything of it really. This month, I ovulated October 7/8...had sex October 7,8,9. Now, I KNOW it's only the 13th today....but I SWEAR, I've had some early pregnancy symptoms. I keep trying to tell myself that this is all mental and that it couldn't possibly be. But the last two days I have been so exhausted (more than usual with three busy kids) to the point where I wanted to take a nap in my chair at my daughters soccer game today. I've been hungry, I get food in front of me, take two bites, and I'm just kinda disgusted by it. I've had some prettty mild cramping, but the biggest thing is my boobs. I NEVER have swollen or painful boobs, and in these last few days, I can hardly lay on my stomach to sleep, much less touch them. They hurt all the time. My areolas are twice their normal size, and my nipples are incredibly sensitive. 

I've taken a few tests this week, but I know it's obviously too early to tell. I'm just wondering if any other moms have experienced anything like this?? I've read some things that say the more pregnancies you have, the earlier you can see symptoms, but really, THIS early??> I feel like a crazy lady, and I know I'm being impatient.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 11:24pm

Hi there!

Well, I haven't felt any symptoms, at all until about the few days before AF was supposed to start.  So I'm not really sure?

Kiki (hit my magic age of 45 and no longer TTC),but mom to a beautiful teen DD & 2 angels in heaven & married to my best friend

Community Leader
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 2:31pm

Hi there :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately there's no way to know what's going on until you have a blood or urine test.  There are some early pregnancy tests you can take, like the first response early pregnancy test, which i think let's you test a week before your AF is due. 

I know it's a stressful time and every day seems to last a lifetime, but hang in there. 

You can visit our TTC boards (trying to conceive) for more support and info on your journey to have a baby :smileyhappy:  Just click the Pregnancy and Parenting link above to see all of the pregnancy support boards.

I do wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you join us here when you get that BFP! :smileyhappy:

Wendy