Hey it's Saturday evening!

iVillage Member
Hey it's Saturday evening!
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 9:31pm

It has been a day, new washer deliver now sitting in the middle of the kitchen. The so called previous owner of the home painted all the shut off valves, the pipes, etc. The old washer could not be disconnect. So not only I paid to have the washer deliver,but part of the fee was suppose to be removeable and dispose of the old washer. I have to call the store Monday and see if the manager can discount a small fee. Next expense. a plumber I don't anticipate this to cost more than perhaps 100.00. Oh, next up for the day,closed the front door and went to lock it , the handle and all the parts came off in my hand. I had to borrow a screw drive from the neighbor to get into the house. I couldn't replace the handle thankgoodness there is a deadbolt to lock at night and the screen door is locked as well. My fanastic handyman who charged me almost 400.00 to install the new door in the kitchen and put new locks on the doors created this mess. Needless to say I will not be calling him Monday, so on the agenda to the plumber will be a locksmith. I just keep seeing dollar signs, ugh!!!

I am feeling cranky and out of sorts. I think I have fiqured that out to a lack of exercise. I resisted the urge to join a gym but I guess I am simply not discipline enough to work out on my own. The good think is my school district has a program with the Y and the membership fee is waivered. I have signed up for an early 6 am yoga class for Tuesday, and a 5:45 body flow express class at the Y starting next week. I walk the dogs and practice yoga (not as often as I should) and I think that is my unsettleness. I also have been doing a lot of reflecting on my life, so I am not sure if it is the fall that has triggered this or the fact I have been in Roanoke for 8 yrs Oct. 31.  It is all good , but life is otherwise good, I listen to my angels and they help with the guidance.

Sorry for the rambling... does anyone LOVE Adele? I love this woman's voice, incredible singer and the new Skyfall song from the Bond movie is amazing!!!!!!!! I could listen to her all the time but don't, I can't wait until a new album comes out from her.

What is your favorite singer?? Everyone have a great weekend and stay warm.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 8:32am

I have been through that washer nightmare myself. Cost more to have the whole mess fixed in the end than the new washing machine.

What kind of front door did you get? I need a new one and I went to Lowes and couldn't believe how expensive entry way doors were.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 8:03pm

Old front door still just new handle and deadbolt