I'm home

iVillage Member
I'm home
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 9:31pm

I got back home Friday evening a little before 6, then stopped at the grocery.

Buddy, my "baby" dog, did survive lol - but he made noises I never heard him make before - my son said he'd been doing that ... kind of howly.

He felt hot like he had a fever - you get to know how warm your doggie's ears are, and his were hot, not warm.  His belly felt warm too.  I don't have a thermometer here at home, not one that I trust.  Some of these digital thermometers are just no good.  I want to get a good ol' glass thermometer.

This morning he was fine.

I came home a day early b/c dsW was not doing well, he was almost in tears and also frustrated.  The responsibility was too much.  He got his reward today tho - I didn't want to give him cash money, but I had promised to buy him clothes, $10 a day's worth.  

Ha, we didn't even get to the jeans and shirts part.  I was able to buy him a pair of Dickie's brand work boots - he said they'll be nice and warm.

Also got him a belt and hat at Goodwill - both were new, never worn.  They get some of that stuff in sometimes at Goodwill.

At KMart I got him a good pair of warm, waterproof gloves and the boots.

We agreed that it will be a lot easier for him to get a good donated coat (donated to the shelter or other places that give to the needy) than to get a good pair of shoes or boots that were in his size.

Anyway, dsW is "winterized" at least lol.  I had fun with him.

Otherwise, he is having a lot of trouble ... and I'll be talking next week to his "people" and my own doc to get an idea of how to make decisions concerning his needs, b/c I will be going back to Dad's, in December at the latest.

We're trying to figure out if/when other sis will make a trip.  This sis has no intention to be a "maid," as she puts it.  Guess she's not the caretaking type - which is fine, not everyone is.  I just want to find out what she's got planned (or not got planned), and at what point it would be ok to leave ds here again.

His situation is difficult as far as housing.  Depending on that, I might just take him with me next time.

I have to take Buddy with me next time.  No idea how to work that out, but I told sis that I need to bring him.  There won't be anyone to take care of him next time.  Poor thing is traumatized.  Thing is, sis's yard & dad's yard are each small ... sigh oh figuring this out!!  Ack!!

I really liked being with my Dad & looking after him  Sis didn't have to worry about him for five days, and she got to sleep at her own house in her own bed.  I felt useful & appreciated, actually I went more to give her a break but I really liked being with Dad.

So, we'll see, but I'd like to go back before December.  We'll see.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 10:22pm
jammin2bach wrote:

Buddy, my "baby" dog, did survive lol - but he made noises I never heard him make before - my son said he'd been doing that ... kind of howly.

He felt hot like he had a fever - you get to know how warm your doggie's ears are, and his were hot, not warm.  His belly felt warm too.  I don't have a thermometer here at home, not one that I trust.  Some of these digital thermometers are just no good.  I want to get a good ol' glass thermometer.

I came home a day early b/c dsW was not doing well, he was almost in tears and also frustrated.  The responsibility was too much.  He got his reward today tho - I didn't want to give him cash money, but I had promised to buy him clothes, $10 a day's worth.  

Ha, we didn't even get to the jeans and shirts part.  I was able to buy him a pair of Dickie's brand work boots - he said they'll be nice and warm.

Also got him a belt and hat at Goodwill - both were new, never worn.  They get some of that stuff in sometimes at Goodwill.

We agreed that it will be a lot easier for him to get a good donated coat (donated to the shelter or other places that give to the needy) than to get a good pair of shoes or boots that were in his size.

Otherwise, he is having a lot of trouble ... and I'll be talking next week to his "people" and my own doc to get an idea of how to make decisions concerning his needs, b/c I will be going back to Dad's, in December at the latest.

We're trying to figure out if/when other sis will make a trip.  This sis has no intention to be a "maid," as she puts it.  Guess she's not the caretaking type - which is fine, not everyone is.  I just want to find out what she's got planned (or not got planned), and at what point it would be ok to leave ds here again.

His situation is difficult as far as housing.  Depending on that, I might just take him with me next time.

I have to take Buddy with me next time.  No idea how to work that out, but I told sis that I need to bring him.  There won't be anyone to take care of him next time.  Poor thing is traumatized.  Thing is, sis's yard & dad's yard are each small ... sigh oh figuring this out!!  Ack!!

I really liked being with my Dad & looking after him  Sis didn't have to worry about him for five days, and she got to sleep at her own house in her own bed.  I felt useful & appreciated, actually I went more to give her a break but I really liked being with Dad.

All sounds great & glad you had a nice visit Diana,
Too bad about ds though ..
Hope you get that taken care of as well this week.
Gosh on the furkid going with .. good luck with that.
Welcome home & hope you can make another visit soon :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 10:48pm
nice you spent time with your Dad. Glad you got son winterized. hoping more good things continue for you.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:01pm
hugss wrote:
jammin2bach wrote:

All sounds great & glad you had a nice visit Diana,
Too bad about ds though ..
Hope you get that taken care of as well this week.
Gosh on the furkid going with .. good luck with that.
Welcome home & hope you can make another visit soon :smileyhappy:

Thank you for saying welcome home - brings tears to my eyes - looks like I might be in for an emotional day : )

I got hurt/mad yesterday - something with ds - but that's for another post :smileysurprised:)

LOL, yeah, on the furkid going with .. that's a tough one.

Cya "around" ...

Photobucket