Over a year since Lady earned her wings, never forgotten

iVillage Member
Over a year since Lady earned her wings, never forgotten
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 2:56am

It has been over a year (Sept 23) that Lady passed on a year ago.  We have since moved to our new home but I could have sworn a couple times I heard Lady bark as I got out of the car. I smell her too at different times.  I work at a new place too and still deal with 4 crazy cats but I sure do miss Lady still.  Lyn, I hope you and yours are doing good xo

Community Leader

{{{^Lady's^ Mom}}}  I just can't believe it's been a year since your sweet ^Lady^ earned her wings.  To me, it still feels like yesterday, but then again ... a life time.  I guess that's because we bridgemoms will forever be on bridgetime.  {{{hugs}}}

Hmmmmm, I'm not a bit suprised that you are hearing & smelling your furangel!  It doesn't matter where we are, our beloveds are always with us.  (I worried about that too, when I moved from ^Whisp's^ old home)  Well done ^Lady^!

"Happy" 1st WingDay ^Lady^.  I know you'll continue to send your Mom kisses.  :)

With my heart,

iVillage Member

Hi Emw2011, 

That is so nice that you still hear Lady bark and sense her smell. I think that must be her way of letting you know she's still with you in spirit. Once in a while I feel a cat jump up on the bed when my two aren't even in the room, and I know it's one I used to have. It just makes me smile in my heart. I am sorry for your loss. I hope it comforts you to sense her near you. 

Evelyn