Do you remember?

iVillage Member
Do you remember?
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 8:45am

For the been there, done that (BTDT) Moms - what do you remember about your previous pregnancies? I'm sure any first time mom's (FTMs) would be interested to hear what they could potentially be in for! :smileyvery-happy:

I remember in the beginning that my boobs become SUPER sore and tender, I had to wear a sports bra just to sleep at night! I don't remember exactyl when it started, but I remember it being early on, then got slightly better with time. I'm scared of that to happen again because Connor is still nursing a few times a day! I'm REALLY hoping that my milk will dry up and he will wean! Fingers crossed! :smileyvery-happy:

I also remember that I spotted after a few weeks (so maybe around 4-5 weeks), as well. It was from implantation, but I got my first ultrasound out of it because I freaked out and called the doctor! :smileywink:

What do you remember?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 11:02pm
With my first pregnancy I remember the sickness hit at 7 weeks and lasted until 13 weeks, I was terrible and i was hospitalized once. I also had an extreme adversion to chicken! My boobs were really sore in the first trimester and my nose ran a lot. I also had nerve pain in my back right around 8 weeks and then again towards the end.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 3:01pm

With Veronica (DD1), I had a lot of nausea but no vomiting, extremely exhausted, trapped gas.  With Graham, horrendous hyperemesis (even hospitalized for fluids). With Heidi, horrible morning sickness, trapped gas and incredible exhaustion.  This time...super tired, sore boobs, tons of trapped gas.

Photobucket,

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 11:03am

sounds good though!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:28pm
It might have been in the Losing Weight board :smileyhappy: I really hope that this board stays very active. I missed Ivillage after the changes.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 7:21am

You're familiar too! I've been around iVillage for over 10 years, on and off as a CL of many, many boards! lol I took a break last year after everyone abandoned me and our PG (I was CL of May 2010 Monsters and then the 2010 Playgroup Friends), but definitely excited to be back (and excited about the new board changes I read about!) :smileywink:

Let's see...I've been a CL on:

2010 Playgroup Friends
May 2010 Monsters
Yoga
Losing Weight
2008 Weddings
Wedding Planning Stress
Not Quite Engaged
Superwomen!
Living Together
Dining Out
Small Space Living
Are You Game? (Women.com)
Tattoos & Piercings (Women.com)

and in the past I've been a member on: SMFB, Health & Fitness, Diapering, BF'ing, and I was around SAHM board for little bit

Wow that's a lot of boards! LOL Most of them are closed down now, sad! :smileysad: It's like my iVillage resume! ha ha

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:06am
Yeah, I'm trying to hang on to the fact that I did spot (eventually with red blood) with Elizabeth. BTW, I know I must have seen you on another Ivillage board at some point. Your sn looks SO FAMILIAR :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:10pm

You're welcome :smileywink: I remember the doctor saying that brown blood/discharge was usually normal/OK - it was most likely "old blood" from implantation. It's bright red or "fresh" blood that could mean a problem (but again, not necessarily! don't you just love how nothing is ever certain with pregnancy!) :smileyfrustrated:

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 7:41pm
OMG you are my hero! I have been feeling like AF is about to arrive and it gives me comfort that you are feeling something similar. I never had any m/s with my daughter either. I kind of want it this time for reassurance.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 7:40pm
I am a BTDT Mom but I really don't remember much about my pregnancy other than that I was exhausted and was spotting early on. I was nervous b/c I had just had another m/c the cycle prior to conceiving.

Bri- I'm glad you wrote this b/c I started getting some colored discharge last night and it's continued today and your post does reassure me a bit. :smileyhappy:

Thanks!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 4:23pm

I guess I was pretty lucky the first time around, I never had any sickness. There was a  short period of about 2 weeks where I would feel sort of nauseas if I didn't eat anything at all, or I would take 2 bites and feel nauseas, but never actually threw up! Thank goodness! I'm waiting to see if that will be at all different this time around!

I can't remember if I was this crampy the first time either, I feel like AF could show at any moment! I do remember having a lot of ligament pains later on, but don't recall them being this early.

Luckily, I didn't have any food aversions, however I had major cravings for Mexican food, and orange juice! LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Pages