Have you started thinking about your birth plan/how you want to deliver?

iVillage Member
Have you started thinking about your birth plan/how you want to deliver?
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:58am

After two labor/deliver classes and watching the birthing process on video, I'd rather labor naturally.

I bought Hypnobirthing (for relaxation/visualization techniques) and Laboring the Bradly Way (for labor positions). A friend, who had her baby on my birthday this year, suggested to keep walking 20 min/day (stamina). I'm also going to start pre-natal yoga and get a yoga ball for labor (practice pelvic tilts). She also suggested sitting Indian style and squats to stretch the perineum. Keeping up with protein and fluid in take (for strength during labor).

I am also a member of January 2013 mommies on FB (I hope to see some of you over there as well) and they suggested low lighting, low/relaxing music, and lavender scent. I just hope I can get my doctor to go for all of this. I really don't want to labor on my back b/c I feel like it fight gravity/the natural way the baby comes out. My mom had an 8 hr labor with her first (my sister), 16 hour labor with me, and 3 hour labor with my brother. My aunt said all three of her labors were 3 hours. I was hoping to labor some at home, so I can clean up, rest, and eat. But I don't know if I will have time for all of that, let alone the techniques I want to try.

FB group--> http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/285116471587876/

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers