That. was. perfect.

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
That. was. perfect.
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 3:43pm

Met him at 2:30 on Friday and we found a quiet little place to hole ourselves up in for the last two nights.  We talked for hours and while I knew we had a lot in common (can't work with someone for that many years and not notice that), I didn't realize how many little things we have in common.  And they're things I've gotten harassed over for years because they're "weird".  I found a weird man!  I know it might sound lame but when he said he eats PB and drinks milk with chili, I swooned.  I have never met anyone that does that and most people snarl their lip and say it's gross.  Then he dipped his fries in bbq sauce instead of ketchup and I had to wipe away a tear of joy.  I catch so much crap over that.  It was a fun conversation of "what about..."  Then we went down our list of bad habits and that just made me giggle because even those matched up.  I think I scared him a couple of times when he'd admit to something and I'd yell, "OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY??!" before I'd admit to being guilty of it too.  Where we differ?  He thinks it should take 3 minutes to get ready and about that long to shower.  I told him I would happily stop shaving my legs and cut my hair boy short if he wanted me to stick with that or he could watch me get ready for 7 minutes longer than him and not have people question whether he's carting around an 18 year old boy toy or not.  Funny, he sat back and watched me dry my hair after that.

He even hangs up his wet towel.  I thought the maid had come in because he even FOLDED it and hung it up.  I had mine flung over my suitcase and he even hung IT up.  I couldn't figure out why housekeeping didn't put the bedspread back on (because yep, he made the bed) and he thought I was teasing him.

We had a long talk about the future and at this point, neither of us know how it's going to pan out.  I told him that I'd take it one day at a time with him.  He's not happy but he has to decide whether he's unhappy enough to make a MAJOR change in his life.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 6:15pm
I'm new on here and I definitely feel like I missed the first part of your story but nonetheless wow!! I'll look forward to your updates.

Sounds like a soulmate?
Community Leader
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:55pm
That's wonderful!!!

Shadow Word generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 11:56pm

Happy for you!!  Sounds like a great weekend!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:37am
If its any consolation I dip my fries in BBQ too = ). I'm glad you enjoyed your time with him.

Much peace & Love,

Rayne

<

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 3:02pm
Im glad you had that time together. Regardless of what happens between the two of you you are seeing glimpses of things you want in a relationship from him. Someone might say its just the newness and excitement of the relationship but ive been following your story and you've been pretty realistic about that so far. My AP and I stated as friends. I had worked with him though in similar areas and had no idea we were so similar and compatible until we actually got to know each other. We can still pretty much finish each others thoughts and are always correct on each others likes/dislikes. I dont believe in the concept of soulmates because im quite certain there are several people we could encounter and build that kind of connection with but i do think there are super high levels of compatibility and chemistry you can share with someone. And once you find that, if it works out, you dont need to search for the others. :smileywink: