2nd baby and still single

iVillage Member
2nd baby and still single
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 4:25pm

Hello all.  This is my 4th pregnancy (one daughter , two m/c, and now this one).  I am due some time in May.  Despite the fact that my daughter's father (she's 6) and the father of this child told me he wants nothing to do with me, I am happy to be having another child.  I've been a single mom for over 6 years, and I've learned to forgive myself and her father, and focus on being the best mom I can be.  Same thing this time around.  Although it does hurt a little, I cannot, and will not let it consume me.  What I hope to get from this board is to uplift and be uplifted.  For all the ladies out there having a hard time with being single, I am here for you as a support and to let you know things may seem bleak now but it will be alright :smileyhappy:

Hope to get to know all of you and congratulations to everyone here.

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-16-2012 - 7:36pm

ARE YOU SINGLE, SUCCESSFUL, AND HAVING A BABY ON YOUR OWN (OR THINKING ABOUT IT? OR JUST FREEZING YOUR EGGS?) YOU COULD BE FEATURED IN A NEW DOCUSERIES ABOUT SINGLE MOTHERS BY CHOICE. IF YOU'RE 25-40, FIERCE AND FABULOUS AND PROUD TO BE GOING SOLO, EMAIL A DESCRIPTION OF YOURSELF & 2 RECENT PHOTOS TO patrice.nomanrequired@gmail.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 7:24pm

Your situation sounds so much like mine!  To cope through it I am looking at the end result.  I will have a wonderful new baby, and my daughter will have a sibling.  We as mothers have enough love to go around the Earth at least 10x...so I know that despite everything that might or even will go wrong that nothing will stop me from loving and taking care of my children to the best of my ability.  It is rough, don't get me wrong.  I went to an appt today and saw the couples waiting to see the doctor together and it made me feel some sort of way.  However, if I linger on the negative, it will have a negative affect on my family.  I think this board can be a great source of support (as long as it doesn't dwell on negatives) and I'll be here for anyone who needs it.

What area are you in if you don't mind my asking?

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 9:41pm

I am so happy for you and I am due in May as well but I am really having a tough time dealing with the fact that I am single and pregnant with my second child. The father said he wants nothing to do with the baby but I feel so stupid for having hope that he may change his mind, but I dont want to dwell on that helpless thought, but I am. So much has happened since I found out I was pregnant and I really need a support system to cope. How do you do it.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 6:28pm

I'm here for you Jess in any way I can  :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 4:06pm

Hi there- came across your post and wanted to say how brave I think you are! I am 6 weeks pregnant, with my first child, and would love some pointers/advice on being a single mom. I am excited, yet pretty terrified. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:20pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  It sounds like you have a lot of experience as a single mom and I know the ladies here would love to hear more from you.  Please update us often so that we know how you are doing.  (((HUGS))) to you and wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png