Bucket List

iVillage Member
Bucket List
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 6:04pm

Let's make one!  I get to go first! 

1.  Go to the Metropolitan Opera House and see Madame Butterfly or La Boheme...I like Puccini.  Or even Gershwin's Porgi and Bess.  Fiddler on the Roof would be great too.

2.  Become a Rescue House similar to what I saw on "Too Cute" on the Animal Planet.  I watched it for three hours yesterday.  You might think one could OD on too cute...nope...overwhelmed at times with too cute, but if MH hadn't come along and decided it was now his turn at the controls, I would have watched it to the end.  There is nothing that makes me feel happier than watching kittens (puppies too) playing.

3.  Perhaps it was too many Tarzan movies, but I've always wanted to be Jane in the jungle with my Tarzan.  And I would still want to do it if the opportunity presented itself.  Perhaps that why I always loved, and still do, watching Swiss Family Robinson...the coolest tree house ever.  Of course, my hair in the humidity would be a problem, but I'll deal with that when get there :smileyhappy:  And, I have to tell you, that I had a very brief glimpse of it when JAM came by and was up in the trees cutting down some dead branches in my backyard...hah.

4.  Take singing lessons.  I love to sing.  People who hear me don't want me to sing.  Doesn't stop me though.  I just roll up the window and belt it out.

5.  Try my hand at creative writing.

6.  Go to Borneo and live with the jungle animals...back to my Tarzan/Jane dream.

7.  Yes! NoWay reminds me what I've always wanted to do...swim with Flipper!

8.  And RB reminds me that I'd love a classic convertible of my own....MH has one...now, which one would I like..hmm...I have to think on that.  

That's what immediately comes to mind...I'll add to it as I think of it.  

I have no shame remembering through others...as you can see :smileyhappy:  I mean, Jack and Morgan didn't come up with their list overnight, right?  I can't wait to see that movie again.  I caught it in the middle and just loved it.  Now, I want to see it in its entirety.

I hope you'll join in and make your own Bucket List.

group (((hugs)))

Clarity

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 6:18pm

My Political Science professor always told us that where ever life took us to be sure that we at least once, saw Paris in the spring. So, I am putting that as my #1.

1. See Paris in the Spring

2. Find the courage to try out for a part in the community theatre. ( I should totally rock any character that required realistic crying as I am still having bouts of that!)

3. Start the novel I have always wanted to write...although at this stage in my life writing a self-help book appeals more to me than a work of fiction.

4. Live on a beach.  Not a fancy beach house, but a rustic beach house with wall to wall french doors along the beach side that could be opened to let in the salt air and breeze, and a covered deck so I could still enjoy the ocean even when it was raining. 

5. Visit New York City during Christmas

6. Find and stay in an Inn like the one in the movie "Holiday Inn"

7. Regain the self respect and dignity that I had at one time.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 6:43pm
1. Go to Paris

2. Skydive with my kids

3. Go zip lining

4. Swim with dolphins

5. Fall in love again

6. Run a Spartan Race

7. Take a hot air balloon ride

That's all I can come up with right now!
The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:17pm

Bucket list..ooh..I like this!

1. To see all my kids grow into adulthood fully engaged in living. (she says as the toddler splashes water from the tub onto her netbook)

2. An Alaskan cruise.

3. Significant time in Italy.

4. Become fluent in Spanish.

5. Learn to play The Flintstones on the trombone.

6. Fall in love again. (yes..stolen shamelssly from previous list)

7. Own a very small condo on the beach. (no house..don't want to have to be responsible for maintaining anything)

8.Read every book on the shelves of the Teen Center where I work. (I think that is like 8 bookshelves..lots of classics and young adult lit along with just plain weird stuff)

9.Own a dark blue mustang convertible.

10. To finish building the deck around our pool.

The difference between who you are and who you imagine yourself to be, is what you do.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:20pm

1. Zipline (I made a reservation to do this on Nov 14, next vacation!)

2. Be happy

3. Fall in love with the one who loves me as much as I love him 

4. Ride in a hot air balloon

5. have a home on the beach of the ocean (not picky which one!)

6, Find or create the perfect job for me that gives me joy and a good income!

7. learn spanish

8. learn to play the piano

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:36pm
OMG...The Flintstones on the trombone...LMAO!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 5:54pm

1.  Move out of the city to the country.  I want to retire where I can go outside and have a beautiful view of nature instead of houses, streets and fences.

2.  Learn to ski.

3.  Go to Italy

4.  Climb a mountain.  Not a huge on, just one high enough that when I get to the top I can look out and see miles and miles away.  

5.  Take a cruise.  

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 2:14pm
Bucket List: hmmmmmm...okay I will take a stab it this, 1. Hot Air Balloon ride 2. Learn to fly a Cessna 172 3. Learn to ice skate like the skaters in the Ice Capades 4. Go to Italy