Back again with $9,100 to pay

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Back again with $9,100 to pay
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 8:49pm

Hello everyone,

I have been back and forth, back and forth to this board. I seem to do well while I am being accountable but then slip back into bad habits. I will keep my story short for now. It was a rough 6 months with my depression and it seems I aways spend more when i am feeling down than at other times. 

I am 41 years old, divorced 2 years. I live on my own, and I owe $9,100 in debt right now that I ned to pay off. 

Step 1 - Stop using my credit card. Done, it is already out of my wallet and tucked away. You know out of site, and out of mind.

Step 2 - Pay more than my monthly payment. Currently my monthly paymnet is $200 and I am paying between $400-$500 each month

Currently I am on an 0% credit card until next spring and I am determined to pay this off before the interest kicks in, or get as close as I can.

I did not get into this debt over night. It has been accruing as I have been tryign to get back on my feet financially after my divorce in 2010, and I have done a lot "I deserve" / emotional shopping in the past few years.

I am going to have to snowflake a lot, cut back on my eating out, and other things I "deserve" but with a little accountability here and a LOT of self discipline I can do it.

I like the Monday and Friday check ins. It is so easy to get into debt and takes such disipline to get out of it.

Keep me honest.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:10am
Welcome Back! I'm in the same boat. I seem to go in waves of being really good and then, well, not :smileyhappy:

Paying more then double on the debt is a great start! Keep it up and it will be gone in no time!

Bex -

Pages