Best and Worst

iVillage Member
Best and Worst
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 8:52pm

It's been a little slow, hopefully we can come up with some fun topics to get things rolling!  I'm hoping this thread will help us get to know eachother, and maybe we can share some useful tips as well!

What's the best thing (beside your BFP) that has happened to you since getting pregnant?

Care to share the worst?  (It can be something simple like a hang nail or pimple!)

What's the best part about your appearance that has changed?

Do you have a worst?

What makes you feel the best physically?

What makes you feel the worst?

What makes you feel the best emotionally?

What's the best thing you have eaten since getting pregnant?

What has been the worst?

What is the best new change in your daily routine now that you are pregnant?

What is the worst change (or what regular thing do you miss the most?)

What is the best show on tv right now?

What is the worst? - or better yet, which new show were you most disappointed with?

If you could redecorate any room in your house (besides the baby's room!) - which would it be?  What colors would you choose?  (This is kind of best/worst mixed together because it takes something that is possibly the worst, and makes it the best!)

What was the best thing you made for dinner recently?

Was there a worst?? 

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:08pm

What's the best thing (beside your BFP) that has happened to you since getting pregnant?
 I can't believe I typed this question, this is hard!  The best thing was getting some great emails from my daughter's school and dance teachers - I was extremely proud.

Care to share the worst?  (It can be something simple like a hang nail or pimple!)
I had to tell my good friend that our sons could no longer be friends.  It broke my heart. 

What's the best part about your appearance that has changed?
I don't have a best.  I'm waiting for the vitamins to make my nails look good again! 

Do you have a worst?
My skin is so unhappy.  :smileysad: 

What makes you feel the best physically?
A 20 minute walk.  I don't always do it, but I feel great when I do. 

Over-eating carbs.  I go into a food coma, and wake up feeling like I have a hangover.  It's the worst. 

What makes you feel the best emotionally?
Doing something fun and special with my kids. 

When they don't appreciate what we just did and turn into little monsters.

What's the best thing you have eaten since getting pregnant?
Toss up between the Ruth's Chris Sweet Potato casserole I found on Pinterest, and the Caprese Quinoa Salad I also found on Pinterest.  One is comfort food, one is energizing! 

What has been the worst?
Mac n' cheese.  I don't think I'll touch it again for awhile. 

What is the best new change in your daily routine now that you are pregnant?
I've really stepped up trying to get healthy in order to avoid the downfalls I had in my last pregnancy.  I'm more active, and I eat better foods. 

What is the worst change (or what regular thing do you miss the most?)
My mood - I get so cranky!!!  And impatient.  And my husband drives me crazy for no reason.

What is the best show on tv right now?
I'm a sucker for the Real Housewives, but I can't WAIT for American Horror Story to start this Wed!! 

What is the worst? - or better yet, which new show were you most disappointed with?
I was really disappointed with 666 Park Ave.  I love Vanessa Williams, but the rest of the cast seems boring. 

If you could redecorate any room in your house (besides the baby's room!) - which would it be?  What colors would you choose?  (This is kind of best/worst mixed together because it takes something that is possibly the worst, and makes it the best!) 
My master bedroom!!!  We never redecorated it and I really hate the current colors.  I'd love to do neutral gray walls, white bedding with white window treatments and trim, and then have fun changing up the accent colors with lamp shades, pillows, blankets, etc whenever I get bored. 

What was the best thing you made for dinner recently?
I have to recommend this simple crockpot turkey recipe.  3 ingredients, you can't mess it up, and it really is good.  
 http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/08/slow-cooker-turkey-breast-recipe.html

Was there a worst?? 
I made this quinoa salad - I've been on a quinoa kick.  It had grapefruit, cucumbers, honey and other good sounding things, but it was so bitter.  I tossed the whole thing out.  Boo.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:22pm
It's been a little slow, hopefully we can come up with some fun topics to get things rolling! I'm hoping this thread will help us get to know eachother, and maybe we can share some useful tips as well!

What's the best thing (beside your BFP) that has happened to you since getting pregnant? Ummmm this is a hard one... I guess it would have to be spending the day with my family at the apple orchard and pumpkin patch yesterday

Care to share the worst? (It can be something simple like a hang nail or pimple!) Friday!! I felt sooo awful nauseous and crampy and just achy and I had to leave work at 11am! :-(

What's the best part about your appearance that has changed? NOTHING! I am feeling REALLY ugly lately. :-(

Do you have a worst? None of my pants fit. I have gotten harder and even a little bigger and nothing buttons without my not being able to breath walk or bend over.

What makes you feel the best physically? A nice relaxing warm shower. Or a nap

What makes you feel the worst? A long day at work or doing errands.

What makes you feel the best emotionally? Right now I am kinda all over the place.

What makes you feel the worst? Doing something I dont want to or dont know how to do. For example yesterday I had to drive home alone from an area I had never driven before and got lost headed towards reno! (I am in northern cali). :-( I started crying.

What's the best thing you have eaten since getting pregnant? Ummm this is hard... I would have to say pizza. I had pizza the other day that was devine!

What has been the worst? CHicken!! Tonigth I had chcken and I finally have back my food adversion from DD pregnancy!! The chicken almost made me barf!

What is the best new change in your daily routine now that you are pregnant? My afternoon nap!

What is the worst change (or what regular thing do you miss the most?) My morning coffee from the drive through coffee shop! Or diet coke. BOth I cut out cold turkey.

What is the best show on tv right now? Mondern FAmily. Lots of laughs.

What is the worst? - or better yet, which new show were you most disappointed with? Animal Practice. :-(

If you could redecorate any room in your house (besides the baby's room!) - which would it be? What colors would you choose? (This is kind of best/worst mixed together because it takes something that is possibly the worst, and makes it the best!) I need a new house first! :-( Ours is teeny tiny. It was already feeling small with just DD. If I had to choose something to fix here it would be decluttering and getting rid of lots of toys. I hate the clutter.

What was the best thing you made for dinner recently? Enchiladas

Was there a worst?? cereal... I was having a lazy night.