Sibling Age Differences

iVillage Member
Sibling Age Differences
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:24pm

I'm finally coming to terms with the age difference between Connor and baby #2. We've been TTC for almost a year, as we were hoping and thinking that there would only be a couple year or less age difference between the two. Of course, that didn't go as planned lol! Now they will be exactly 3 years and one month apart! It's a little more than we were thinking, but I'm finally becoming OK with it. I know Connor will be old enough to be a huge help to us, to understand that we are having a baby and he will be a big brother...among other things! IF we try for #3, based on this experience, we will probably start trying very soon after #2 is born lol!

BTDT: How close or far apart in age are your children going to be (or are they now)?

FTM: If you plan on having more in the future, how close or far apart in age would you like your children to be?

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:12pm

I have some signifigant age gaps in our household. When this baby is hopefully born, my oldest will be 18, DD will be 13, and my youngest will be exactly 4. As far as future pregnancies, this will be our last. I really like having the larger age gaps, though most days it has me feeling like Im being pulled in every direction.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:12pm

My son and daughter are 7 years apart.  There will be an almost 8.5 year difference between my daughter and the new bean.  It's crazy, I know.  Still, I see how close my two are already, and I feel like they will be that close to the bean as well...we are just that kind of family! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:55pm
I wanted my kids to be closer together. But it worked out this way...and DD will be 2 months shy of 4 when this one is born. They will be 4 years apart in school. That is a HUGE gap. But its okay.

I do want one more. And DH doesnt seem opposed to it. But it will depnd on how this pregnancy goes. I would like to NTNP after this one is born. But I doubt DH will go for that lol!