Anyone else??

iVillage Member
Anyone else??
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:29pm
Does anyone else get a little depressed when it's their child's birthday? I am baking a cake for my son who turns 2 tomorrow and I just started bawling! My mom gave me a book called "If I could keep you little" and it's the only thing that keeps me from wanting to keep him little.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 9:43pm
I've cried so much every time I look at my kids lately - they are both just SO STINKING HUGE AND THEY KEEP GROWING. And I miss the little babies....

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:25am
Yes. In fact, I think I had an anxiety dream about just this last night. In the dream, we were on vacation with her somewhere and she was a little girl like she is now and I turned around for a moment, looked back at her and she was taller than me. I was so sad. I also was fearful about how tall she would actually grow if she was already taller than me at age 4! LOL.

Her birthday is the 29th and we're celebrating it this weekend, so that she gets her party. She lives for birthday parties!! She is soooo excited, which is why this baby can't come too early on me. He needs to wait until after the weekend, at least.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:11pm
My oldest turns 13 in a couple days and I am a train wreck. He thinks I'm crazy :-/ time flies!
Photobucket
Happily Married for 12
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:32pm

Me! 

I'm horrible! Wait till he turns 9 and you realize you've already had him for half the time you'll have him before he goes to college. See, I told you I'm bad! I literally mourn my kids not being tiny anymore. My oldest is 12... he'll be a teenager in 5 months. I'll be a wreck.

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:16pm
DH and I both have been amazed that our oldest DD will be 10 in December. It really is bittersweet, because I want them to grow up and be independent, but I also want them to just stay my little kids forever! It's just crazy when we talk about the fact that she'll be learning to drive by the time this little bun in the oven goes to kindergarten! I can't believe time has flown by so quickly. I'm sad about the other ones getting older too, but DD turning 10 is really hitting me hard!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:39pm

I do! My 3 kids' birthdays are relatively close together. All 3 have had their birthdays since Aug 24. Anyway, it makes me sad every year that passes. Funny that my husband says what's wrong, that's just one more year closer to moving out. I love the kids being in the house and being busy with them!

Lilypie Maternity tickers