Are you ready?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Are you ready?
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:01pm

Well any day now we will start having some babies! eeek! So are you prepared? What do you still have on "the list"? I'm just about there. My c-section is 3 weeks from tomorrow. I have washed all clothes, prepared a bag, stocked up on diapers. I need to do some grocery stock piling. My problem is: The more I buy, the more they eat! My family become insatiable when i stock pile and they eat faster than I can gather. haha Stinkers!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:33pm
Provided my body is ready, I'll be delivering 5 weeks from tomorrow. Not really ready, but close enough. The pack n' play is still in the barn. The clothes and blankets and things are washed. There is a car seat ready to install. It will all come together.

I think.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:01am

Getting there! I had my baby shower this weekend so now I know what I'll need to get. I really only need a few minor things. I still have quite a bit of laundry to do but once that's done the bulk of it will be finished.

I've been stocking up on toilet paper, trash bags, etc and on Friday I did a big non-perishables grocery trip. I'm going to try not to eat through my stash either! I may potentially have 7ish weeks left, but I'm still counting on the lower end. I'll be full term in about 3.5 weeks. I still want to make some freezer meals but I probably won't do that for a couple weeks at least.

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:47am
I can't believe we could just be a few days or a week away from seeing our first babies on this board! I'm so excited for everyone! I'm mostly prepared, still need to buy a car seat, pack my hospital bag, and finish washing baby's laundry. But her room is set up, so that's a huge relief, and we have pretty much everything else we'll need right away. I'm not stocking up on groceries, because my family is the same way! If it's there, they WILL eat it! Seems that toilet paper and paper towels are the same way in our house, if I buy a hundred rolls, they will find a way to go through it in a week. Still not really sure how that happens...

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:57am

My family is the same way.  They see it as a free for all.  lol 

We're not ready.  I mean, I guess if she came today, we'd figure it out.  We had the baby shower yesterday and my MIL and SIL, who live a couple of hours away from where the baby shower was, is taking me out to lunch in place of a shower.  So, my MIL said don't buy anything yet.  lol  But we still need quite a bit of stuff.   A mattress for one thing!  lol  We got lots of blankets.  :-)  Once they do their thing, we can finish up our purchasing needs and hopefully then get it all set up.  We'll probably wash her clothes once we figure out where we're going to put them.  lol Bascially, she has a crib put together.  We have a car seat now, in a box.  And everything we have is still in bags and we still need stuff.  I would be overwhelmed if I thought about it.

My friends drew animals on canvases to go with the decor.  And then the shower guests painted them.  They also had her name spelled out and then painted with jungle type themes...giraffe print, zebra print...in the background.  Super cute.  They turned out really good. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:12pm

Yes, I'm so ready I can hardly stand it anymore!

I have a friend who was also due in November who just had her baby last week, so if she had been part of this board, we would already have our first baby! She had pre-e and HELLP Syndrome, so they did an emergency c-section at 33 weeks. He weighed 4 lbs and 1 oz and is doing really well :smileyhappy: Her experience has made me a little more patient with this little guy still being firmly planted, but I can't help but be a little anxious. I'm at that part of pregnancy where I feel like I miss him. I can't wait to snuggle him and see who's been growing and kicking in there for all these weeks :smileyhappy:

I have pretty much everything I need for him. My bags are packed and I'm ready to go! I have a shower on Saturday, so I'll see if Grandma bought him a swing. If not, I'll get that bought and do my Costco run and I'll be totally finished!

Realistically, we'll be doing take-out a lot, so other than Costco sized boxes of snacks and fruits, I probably won't do a lot of stock-piling for groceries. The hubby doesn't do my brand of kitchen cleaning, so it's just much easier to not have anything messing up my kitchen until I'm ready to get back on it :smileyhappy: I'll probably stock up on paper plates, silverware, and cups (I know... an environmentally poor choice), but it'll be so helpful :smileywink:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:46pm

getting there! i need to pack a hospital bag too. i still have a little laundry to do and need to pull the bassinet up to my room. my new pack n play should be delivered today! it's all coming together! we went on a small road trip yesterday, and i kept thinking what if she decides to come today while we are gone. North Dakota is very spread out so there are no hospitals between major towns around where i live. it is definitely exciting that we will have some babies born soon though!

Lilypie Maternity tickers