I'm feeling overwhelmed and this is my only safe place

iVillage Member
I'm feeling overwhelmed and this is my only safe place
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:21pm

I'm Wasp37. 

I'm from NJ and live there still. This is the very first time I have sought help from a discussion board. ,My assault took place over 6 years ago and although I have recently sought counseling 11 months ago, my counselor since left about 2-3 months ago and since then, have not held an appointment or looked to enter again just yet. Things were going great and I utilized everything she taught me and worked hard those 8 months. I had my ups and downs but I was extremely receptive to all she looked to help me with and I wanted to get better. I even began to see her once a week, as opposed to once every two, and called her for atleast an additional hour or two throughout the month, for more guidance and to assist in extra sessions that I otherwise would not have had time with.

Here, I feel safe. I dont have to see any of you, but at the same time, I can finally learn to build a solid friendship or two. This is a huge step for me, but I'm trying.

iVillage Member

Hello Wasp37

Welcome to the board.

I don't know about other members on iVillage  but I personally don't build friendships through iVillage. 

I talk to people about their posts and I might post stuff that I need to talk about but I personally don't talk to people who are on iVillage outside of iVillage.

Others might be different but that is how I work with iVillage.  So depending on what you are looking for in terms of a "solid friendship"  I just wanted to put that out there about myself. 

I understand that it is a big step to reach out to others and to try to build a support network so I don't want to discourage your attempt to do that.