EPO?

iVillage Member
EPO?
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:57pm

Is anyone taking or planning on taking EPO (evening primrose oil). How much are you taking? And how? I have never taken it before with my previous pregnancies, but have been thinking about it this time around.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: cherylll01
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:16am
I have a bottle and I plan to start taking some in the next week (around 36 weeks). I am also drinking red raspberry leaf tea. I have done the EPO before, but I only ever ingest it, I don't insert it because that's just too much for me to deal with, maintenance wise. Tabigale posted some really good dosing info a week or so ago....

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
In reply to: cherylll01
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:44am
I was taking it until a couple of days ago, had been inserting 1000mg at bedtime. Then I worked a couple of night shifts, so decided not to worry about it. I can't stomach taking it orally, so vaginally is about the only way it's going to happen for me! Not sure if it's done any good, since I haven't been checked since I started using it. I figure it can't hurt, though :-)

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!