Is there a decent chance she will come back?

iVillage Member
Is there a decent chance she will come back?
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:56am
Just went through a breakup. Met through natural means a great girl. We started out as running partners, after a few weeks crossed into romance. By and large we had a great relationship. She went through a divorce a little less than a year ago. She was with the guy off and on for 14 years, and married for four. He left her. She recently told me she couldn't give me or our relationship the attention needed. I had a feeling that would be the case one day. She is in counseling with the ex but says she really doesn't want to get back together with him, not just because he left her (he wants her back) but because they dont have enough in common; they have grown apart. In fact I support her because I know she has to process her divorce more. If you love somebody set them free. Now I find myself wondering really what odds there are we could be together again. My experience, at 40 and single, is dating is incredibly fickle. Like the iron's cooling and those stars will never align again. So even though things were fine, now that we are apart it's POOF, gone, never to be again. Does anyone have words of hope?