New here

iVillage Member
New here
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 3:47am

Hi everyone,

I was a lurker for the past 6months.

What makes me want to post here, I just saw xap on YM. My hands were itching to message him

Xap and I are school mates. Met on FB last December. We started chatting as friends and as time goes by not knowing when we were in love with each other. After 3 months of EA, we decided to meet up and had PA. After he returned to his own country, i noticed that he became very distant. I don't know what makes him become distant. Guilt? That's when i realized that our beautiful love story will end in no time. He let me go just like that without a word or goodbye. He stopped replying to my messages. I was devastated. BTW, he's a single man and I'm married with two young kids.

I love my family and I know where I belong to. I just can't get him off my mind even after 6 months.

I've been reading EAS from back to front and front to back :smileyhappy: i know NC is the best.... still the heart does want to let him know that the way he left me hanging on to the cliff hurts and what about friendship for over 15 years. How can he just let go just like that. We were best of friends though we lost contact after High School.

I miss him soo much..... Thank you EAS for letting me vent out all my heartache.

Mei

iVillage Member
In reply to: min_mei18
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:55pm

((Hugs)) to you too Clarity.

Yeah, I know all the familiar names here including Iddy. :)

I have removed him from FB to save the heartache and YM is the last life line of connection between us. We are living in different country. For us to see each other is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I know very well that I have to let him go. Just need somewhere someone to vent out the feelings that have been in my heart.

Thank you clarity for the words. I got thru yesterday without texting him. I hope as each day passes by I will be stronger.

Will continue to read EAS though I won't post much.

Mei

iVillage Member
In reply to: min_mei18
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:20am

Welcome, Mei

Please don't scratch that itch, you know where it will only lead.  He let you go for whatever his reasons, and even though you feel heartache, you know it was the right thing to do.  You're married with children.  It really wasn't going to go anywhere anyway but further down a very destructive path.  Often times, doesn't even have to be an affair, one party will be left hanging. It's just the way some people deal with ending...they just disappear.  For them it is easier than having to listening to the sad one...wanting to talk about it.   

I'm glad you've been lurking and reading...so you know the drill and you know the score.  That's already apparent because you knew enough to come out of lurkdom for support to prevent yourself from reaching out.  You probably already feel as if you know US too :smileyhappy:

I'm not all that technically saavy, is there a way you can shut off the YM or get him off your YM buddy list?  The less torture the better.

((hugs))

Clarity