iVillage Member
Monday........
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:19am

Whats on your to do list today?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:51pm

HI everyone.

I am here.   Still tired. LOL  I think it is the weather.

Gigi's party was a blast.  The cheer team party was a lot of fun.  We went to mass and the lights were infested with bees.  That was fun.

Then we went to Jackson's football game.  They lost.  But we had a great season.  Glad it is over.

Today we brought cupcakes to Gigi's class. and Now she is home and I always check them out on their birthdays.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:28am
Happy Monday!
Busy weekend - playdates and Sea World.
Back to work. Lots to do -- first tournament starts Saturday! Staff comes back on Wednesday.
New windows in the building today.... my whole office is shaking again. Ugh.
Actually picked out papers for a few pages this weekend. Maybe I'll get around to doing something with them sooner or later. lol.

That's it. :smileyvery-happy:
Jill
CL-Signature Showcase
Mom to Rossalyn (8/22/07) and Sean (12/29/08)
Resort manager, avid scrapbooker, and Disney World guru.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:06am
Stacy - well, she's in the class till the end of the semester, she is hoping for pep band because they won't have to be there early - both will be required to play at several assemblies, basketball games and other venues. We'll see. The Marching Band might be good as she wants to be Drum Major next year too. (which reminds me...need to talk to my friend and see if she knows of any camps/clinics Tasha & her friend could attend now, before Spring tryouts)

Karen - I'm picking Mira up 20 minutes before the game starts, 7 minutes to travel, and plan to park on a side street with path access to school grounds (just in case the pick-up snarl hasn't dissipated yet). off to check my camera battery!
Michelle
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:43am

Happy Monday! 

I walked this morning for the first ime in a long time.  I want to get back in the swing of regular exercise and eating better too.  I had fallen off the wagon this fall as things got so crazy with school and my allergies made me so tired.  The allergies have slowly been getting better so now is a good time to jump back in. 

Sarah has an ortho appt after school so I will be leaving work early.  Hopefully it won't be too hard to make up the time early in the week.  My mom is coming to town on Friday, so I plan to take a half day off.  Don't want to have to work extra that day to make up for time missed earlier in the week!

DWTS and Castle tonight.  Would like to do 15 minutes in the kitchen and at least 15 minutes on Christmas cards.  That shouldn't be too hard, I could get that in while watching TV.

Stacy, hope you find the microwave that you want.  LOL, and good luck talking sense in to a teen.

Michelle, hope you get to see Sarah play today!  I actually *watched* our game on Saturday because my camera would not turn on when we got there.  Turns out the battery was still in the charger at home. <eye roll>

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:00am
YA thats wonderful! :smileyhappy: Congrats to the band.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:59am
Well hopefully your talk with Tasha went better cuz he doesn't get it. I told him this morning if he doesn't change it then I will start making him keep his phone down stairs at night again. His is in high school now so the rules relax a bit but not to the extent of this! oy

I am glad you are able to tke Mira out early so that you can go see Sarah play! :smileyhappy:

I am sure Tasha will get into the winter band and also that she will be fine for bowling, just gotta get back into the swing of things. :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:53am
OH OH OH! I almost forgot - they got Division 1 this weekend at State Marching Band Contest! They really pulled it together for the last contest, were quite pleased.
Michelle
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:52am

Hope Quinn feels better. LOL at the phone & electric cords - we had to have a talk with Tasha about that. They aren't supposed to be in her room at night, much less under her pillow where being smothered generates heat and potentially shortens the life of such appliances - never mind the fire risk! Makes you wonder how such smart kids can be so dumb?

I have a few errands to run, some calls to make.

Projects to work on, work, take photos to post of LO's from our mini-retreat.

Sarah's last Volleyball game and I have never managed to see her play even on Friday scrimmage days - 6th graders start 25 minutes before the elementary gets out, so she is always finished by the time I get there! So I am pulling Mira out of class early today so I can see her play - and maybe get some photos? Works perfectly too because the violin teacher is out of town today!

Dinner as soon as Tasha is finished with crew, and hopefully bowling or a bowling lesson. Her schedule has only allowed us to go once every several weeks and her first two games yesterday were so bad she didn't even want to try out this year. She felt better when I pointed out she's grown 5 inches since being on the team last year, so of course her approach is going to be off, then she played better the next two games when she wasn't so frustrated. Tryouts in  3 weeks, we should be able to fit in several late games and at least 1 coaching session a week till then. Or at least until she finds out if she is on Pep Band or Winter/indoor marching band - indoor marching band will have to practice at 6 a.m. every other day the rest of the semester as that is the only time they can get on the basketball floor. They were told they have been trying out for each since Band Camp began. I am betting she is placed in Marching band, as she hits her spots on time, is always in place, turns crisply AND is going on the Florida competition trip...

Michelle
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:22am
well this morning at home, Quinn didn't feel well and is home, which brought on a discussion about the fact that he only has 8 weeks of high school left and if he misses much he will have to go next semester.
C didn't want to get up this morning. and we are having problems with him putting his phone and thus electrical cords into his bed.

I am now at work. Trying to get awake. I think I need to make some tea.

Our microwave died this weekend. so during lunch after I pick up the stuff from a girl scout leader, I need to go to the appliance store and see if they have the one Will wants for if they can get it.

Then I have more work and boy scouts tonight.

I need to get busy working on two papers.

Thats all for now Have a great day!
Photobucket