Sex After Baby

iVillage Member
Sex After Baby
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:54am

Do you remember when Jessica Simpson spilled the beans about having sex a mere 3 weeks after she gave birth to baby Maxwell? And Tori Spelling revealed that she got pregnant with baby #4 when third child Hattie was, um, a month old?

Turns out, they're not the only new mamas feeling frisky so soon. Researchers at University of Michigan recently determined that sexual desire returns to pregnancy-levels within about three to four weeks postpartum -- causing many to hop back in the sack!

Sex After Baby: What Do a Quarter of New Moms Have in Common With Jessica Simpson and Tori Spelling?http://www.ivillage.com/new-moms-having-sex-soon-after-baby-delivery/6-a-471126

I don't think I was ever part of this club!  Pure exhaustion had me wait (at least) 6 weeks.  How about you?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:27am

With dd#1, a natural birth, I wasn't cleared until 8 weeks (and bled up through that point anyway).  With #'s 2-4, all c-sections, I was cleared at 2 weeks.  I dtd at 2 weeks with #2 due to a deployment (dh at the time was heading to Iraq for a year).  With #3 and #4, I waited until 3 weeks, lol.  I agree that fatigue puts a damper on things most of the time, and coordinating with 4 kids in the house (2 under 2) is almost impossible.  But I'm one of those people who never quite loses my libido.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:06pm

With DS#1 we waited until 5 weeks. This time we waited 3.5. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 9:26pm

We're on week six and still nothing!! I feel really sorry for DH, we DTD the night before I went into labor and that was the last time!  I'm exhausted, and he works 3rd shift so that makes things even more challenging!! Soon enough I'm sure! 

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 5:48am

I waited a 1.5 weeks one because my hormones were going crazy. I totally felt up to it because my bleeding stopped and my DH was going back to Afghanistan in less than a week until next year.

BabyFetus Ticker