MONDAY CHECK IN!

iVillage Member
MONDAY CHECK IN!
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:31am

Ok.  Who is having a baby this week???? I know we have a few full-term Momma's that would probably be more than happy to bingo, so let's check in!

How far along are you this week?

Any signs of impending labor? Do you have a birth plan?

How is your comfort level?

How are those emotions?

What do you have to get done before baby's arrival?

How are you MOST ready? LEAST ready?

We're almost halfway through October, do you think you'll make it to November?

What are your non-baby plans this week?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 2:55pm

How far along are you this week? I will be 37 weeks on Friday.

Any signs of impending labor? Do you have a birth plan? No real signs. I think I have been having BH contrax though. I haven't made a birth plan yet. i might make a quick one, just a basic one that says no meds, will ask if I need them, and BF right after.

How is your comfort level? Barely there. I am uncomfortable all the time. It is hard to pick up my toddlers, or pick up anyting from the floor, breathe, etc.

How are those emotions? Some days okay, some days horrible

What do you have to get done before baby's arrival? Put the car seat in the car, clean up and put the bassinet in our room, I think that is it.

How are you MOST ready? LEAST ready?I am physially most ready to have the baby, I just don't know how  much more my body can handle. Least ready would be knowing how little sleep I will be getting, between a newborn and my 19 month old who still gets up at night.

We're almost halfway through October, do you think you'll make it to November?I hope that i won't make it to November, but have a feeling I probably will.

What are your non-baby plans this week? Take DS to the doctors tomorrow, meet up with a few girls who I bought/sold stuff to on virtual garage sale page,my sister's birthday this weekend, decoroate pumpkins wih the boys 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 2:28pm

How far along are you this week?   I'll be 35 Wed.

Any signs of impending labor? Do you have a birth plan?   No signs of labor.  Lily is head down and has been for a while.  She's such a good baby.  lol  We do have a birth plan, but I feel dumb giving them to my doc knowing that whatever happens will happen.  They know we're going natural and using Hypnobabies and so that answers most of the plans.

How is your comfort level?  Eh.  Sometimes, I wouldn't know I was pregnant if I didn't know.  Then I try to move and it's like...oh. yeah. I have beach ball attached to me, I can't bend or get up or whatever.  If she'd keep her rear out of my ribcage, that'd be nice too.  lol  Someone told me at my shower yesterday I have cankles...  um.  thanks.  I HATE that my feet and ankles swell so much.

How are those emotions?  Fine most days. 

What do you have to get done before baby's arrival?    Um...a lot.  wash clothes, pack our bags, put the car seat in the car, get a mattress, organize her stuff...All that is done is the crib is up and the mobile is on it.  

How are you MOST ready? LEAST ready?  See above.  :smileysurprised:)  I'm just least ready all over the place.   I'm ready to have my body back. But she's not ready to come out yet and that is okay with me.  I want her to stay in until she's done.  So, I'll patiently await the return of my non-pregnant body until she gives the say so. 

We're almost halfway through October, do you think you'll make it to November?  I'm pretty sure I'll make well into Nov.  (due date is 21)   My stepsons birthday is Nov 30 and I reeeeeally need her to not come that day.  Any other time after Nov 14 is okay.  Not that what I say matters too much.  ha!  DH thinks she'll come Dec 3.  I think Dec 2.

What are your non-baby plans this week?   Well, SS's football team had an undefeated season so they're being recognized by the City.  That's cool.  Oh.  And I'm doing lights and sound for a Halloween show...usually I'm in it, but not sure I need to be trapsing around in the dark at this stage.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:51pm

How far along are you this week?  35 weeks tomorrow!

Any signs of impending labor? Do you have a birth plan? just the same BH I have been having awhile. i feel i have dropped some, but nothing too convincing. no written birth plan. i hope to go natural like i have in the past.

How is your comfort level?  biggest discomfort is what i think is muscle tearing or bruising at the top of my stomach

How are those emotions?  very emotional right now. cried like a baby saturday over missing my family. haven't lived near family in 12 years but was just having a day

What do you have to get done before baby's arrival? mostly laundry

How are you MOST ready? LEAST ready? most ready prob just having the basics set up...least ready is i want to have time after i stop working in hopefully 3 weeks that i can move some daycare things to the basement so i don't have to look at them

We're almost halfway through October, do you think you'll make it to November? yeah i am thinking first week of november

What are your non-baby plans this week?  nothing really

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:23pm

How far along are you this week? 36 weeks tomorrow! 1 more week till full term!

Any signs of impending labor? Do you have a birth plan? No signs of labor :smileysad: And no birthplan other than 1)Show up at the hospital 2) Get induced

How is your comfort level? Pretty good this week!

How are those emotions? Pretty good on that front too!

What do you have to get done before baby's arrival? Not a lot. Just sort through shower stuff that I'll get on Saturday, and buy a swing if Grammy didn't buy it :smileyhappy:

How are you MOST ready? LEAST ready? I'm just ready. Period.

We're almost halfway through October, do you think you'll make it to November? Yeah, I think I will. I've never had a baby without being induced, so I'm sure I'll make it to my induction date of the 6th or 7th.

What are your non-baby plans this week? I have a friend flying in from New York tonight, so I get to go meet her for dinner! My girls have ballet tomorrow, and that's about all non-baby I have!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:42am

No baby this week for me! I don't even feel like it's close, although I would love to have her anytime after I turn 37 weeks on Thursday!

How far along are you this week? Will be 37 weeks on Thursday.

Any signs of impending labor? Do you have a birth plan? Absolutely zero signs of impending labor. In fact, while I thought she had dropped a couple of weeks ago, she seems to have floated back up some. I really think she's going to take her time. And I don't have a birth plan, I really just hope to go with the flow of things. I mean, I'm hoping not to get an epidural and to breastfeed after birth, but aside from that I can handle pretty much whatever happens.

How is your comfort level? Not too bad for being this far along, I guess. I'm still huge and uncomfortable, but not having nearly as many physical discomforts as I did at this stage with my last pregnancy. If I sit for too long, it does hurt a lot when I have to get up and walk. And lifting and carrying around DS has become quite the chore. But I'm really not feeling too terrible yet. Now, ask me again at the end of the day and I may have an entirely different answer!

How are those emotions? I'm pretty impatient and ready for this baby to be born, so I am a bit more irritable than usual, especially with DH.

What do you have to get done before baby's arrival? Still need to buy a car seat, and wash some more of the baby's stuff. Oh yeah, and pack my hospital bag! I really think I should get that done here in the next little while. But I'm really just not thinking that I'll go into labor on my own, so I probably have at least a few more weeks.

How are you MOST ready? LEAST ready?I'm mentally SO ready for this baby! Physically, my body is ready to be done with pregnancy too. As mentioned above, I still do have some preparation to do, though.

We're almost halfway through October, do you think you'll make it to November? I'm actually pretty sure I'll make it to November. As much as I would LOVE to have this baby a little early, I have a feeling she's going to take her sweet time. But my DS's 2nd birthday is on the 29th and Halloween is the 31st, so if she could not arrive during that time, I'd be happy. I really want to be home for those! And DH will be finishing up his clinicals for school during the first few days of November, so I guess if she decides to wait until after then, it wouldn't be so bad. I'm just impatient!

What are your non-baby plans this week? Practices and games for the kids, and that's about it. Nothing too big going on for once.

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:30am

How far along are you this week?

36 Weeks!!!

YES! I have a TON of pressure, contractions, I THINK I lost a little bit of the gross plug over the weekend. Either way... 3 weeks till C-section!

How is your comfort level?

Do negative numbers count on the scale of 1 - 10??

How are those emotions?

Ive had a lot of anxiety too. Not really over the birth or anything really,just anxiety for no reason really.

What do you have to get done before baby's arrival?

We had planned to take DD to Indiana (We live in kentucky) to a pumpkin patch/apple farm/winery that has a really good resterant, hayrides, apple and pumpkin picking and a petting zoo, but I am feeling way to uncomfortable and sore to do that now I think. Its really only about a hour away, but there are no hopsitals close to there, and Im not comfortable being that far away from my Doctor and Hospital right now.....SOOOO... we just took her to teh grocery store and let her pick a pumpkin out. lol

How are you MOST ready? LEAST ready?

I am really ready to have the baby, bring him home, and get in our new family routine. However, I am not ready for the lack of sleep lol 

We're almost halfway through October, do you think you'll make it to November?

My doctor doesnt seem to think so, but either way, im scheduled to deliver on November 8th.

What are your non-baby plans this week?

Im really not sure... I have a doctors appointment today, but that is baby related. lol

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:12am

How far along are you this week? 36 weeks 2 days

Nothing for the moment. Increased white mucus discharge, but that's about it. No birth plan. I had a very loose one last time and didn't feel like I needed to pull it out.

How is your comfort level? I feel much more comfortable over the weekend than I have for weeks. I don't understand that, but it's true. But the thing that worries me is that he's also not moving as much.

How are those emotions? Much more emotional and more anxiety.

What do you have to get done before baby's arrival? A 4 year old birthday party and all that entails. Cleaning and organizing a few remaining things in baby's room.

How are you MOST ready? LEAST ready? I have everything I need for a newborn. Everything is washed and ready. Least ready- I need to get a few appointments and the birthday party out of the way before I'm totally ready.

We're almost halfway through October, do you think you'll make it to November?  Possibly.  Anything is possible.  I'm not feeling like it's as impending as I did a week ago. 

What are your non-baby plans this week?  Party preparations, attending a zoning hearing, and I think that's about it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:38am

How far along are you this week? 34 weeks.  I'm ragingly jealous of the momma's who are already full term.

Any signs of impending labor? Do you have a birth plan? This kid is so low.  I thought I had really dropped a few weeks ago, but I was wrong.  I really dropped again this weekend.  I guess we're having a "staged drop."  My bladder is in hell.

How is your comfort level? Honestly, it's not too bad if I don't get too busy.  But, that's just not an option.  I have been dealing with so much pressure and discomfort in my hips, but she must have moved or something - the pressure is now squarely on my cervix.

How are those emotions? OMG.  Holy Anxiety, Batman.  And I don't really know why....

What do you have to get done before baby's arrival? Really, quite a bit to be really ready.  The pack n' play and the baby swing are still outside.  I still don't know where my Ergo is.  I need to get the cieling fans cleaned because it hasn't been done in a long long time.  My room isn't ready.  My living room isn't ready.  Basically, that whole anxiety thing is because I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO IS NESTING, THEREFORE I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO PUTS A DADGUM THING AWAY.  Oh, wait...that's normal...it's just bothering me right now!

How are you MOST ready? LEAST ready?I am most ready physically.  My body hurts and I am so tired.  Mentally and emotionally, I'm not quite ready, though.  That was a shift this week.  As soon as I have her - that's it.  I'm done.  No more babies.  And while I know I'm OK with that - it's just a big book to close.

We're almost halfway through October, do you think you'll make it to November?I am almost positive that I will make it until the day my doctor can break my water. 

What are your non-baby plans this week? Just normal kid stuff - my DS has a pep rally and a football game.  DD is in sore need of some one on one time with her Momma.  I also need to get the farrier out to trim my horses feet.  I'd also like to clean up our guest room so my MIL has a place to sleep that isn't a pit while she's here....

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012