Maternity Wardrobe?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Maternity Wardrobe?
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:38am

Now that people are starting to fill out a little more... has anyone started wearing maternity clothes? If so, what are the pieces you consider "essential"? Also, what are you willing to splurge on and what are you hoping to save on? Has anyone had trouble finding clothes? What pre-pregnancy items still work for a while?

Pre-pregnancy, I wore a hard to find size... which I'm finding near impossible to find in a maternity style. Also, working in a professional office has been a challenge because it seems like maternity clothes are more casual than I'm used to. So far, I've splurged on a nice pair of maternity jeans (only one pair, though!) and I've gotten a handful of long-sleeved maternity Tshirts, one black and one white tank top, a stretchy pencil skirt to wear to work, and a long black knit skirt (which I would have never gotten away with if my whole office didn't know I was pregnant and nothing else fits. I'd still like a pair of black pants.

What is on everyone else's shopping list? How has (will) your style change once you're fully in maternity wear? Any tips for other mamas? This is my third baby, but the first baby I've had when I was working in a professional environment... I got by with sweats for the first two with no problems.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:15am
Are you a member of Zulily? They have some cute and inexpensive maternity clothes. I LOVED maternity wrap dresses when I was working during my last pregnancy. If you're not a member and want to check it out, you can send me your email and I can send you an "invite". TONS of baby/toddler stuff too.
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers