October 15 - Awareness

iVillage Member
October 15 - Awareness
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:44am

Just wanted to post this to say my heart goes out today especially to any of you ladies out there who have experienced this particular kind of heart-breaking loss.

"In October 1988, Ronald Reagan proclaimed October as National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. "When a child loses his parents, they are called an orphan. When a spouse loses his or her partner, they are called a widow or widower. When a parent loses their child, there isn't a word to describe them. This month recognizes the loss that so many parents experience across the US and around the world. It is also meant to inform and provide resources for parents who have lost children due to miscarriage, ectopic or molar pregnancies, stillbirth, birth defects, SIDS or other causes." --Reagan

October 15th is a day where all grieving parents can come together and be surrounded with support from friends and family, and the community can better understand their pain and to reach out to those who are grieving. Some of these babies lives were so brief, but still meaningful, and so many people are not sure how to reach out, assist, and comfort those with these types of losses."

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 6:54pm
Love to all for sure. So sorry. This is so hard. Amanda, thank you for posting about this. This is the first day I've been able to read.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:29pm
Love you all. Prayers to all you have been through this. It certainly is a hard road.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:15pm
Hugs and Love to all who have gone through this!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:55am

(((mo)))

(((nicky)))

(((noel)))

(((my sister)))

(((my SIL)))

Photobucket