New to this board with a comment.

iVillage Member
New to this board with a comment.
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:56am
Lately I have been thinking about how lucky we are to have 2 honest hardworking men running for the position of President of the United States. I have a preference, but it makes me very hopeful to know that I am comfortable with whoever wins. I don't agree with either of them on all the issues, but they both seem like thoughtful decent men. I think that is an important observation as we move forward in this season of heated partisanship. :smileyhappy: Robin

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:24pm
Hi tooner2006, and welcome to the Political Discussions board! That is an important observation and nice to hear :smileyhappy:

It's probably hard for really staunch Republicans or Democrats to think of it that way, but we'd probably be a lot better off if more people did.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:28pm
I am a pretty staunch democrat, but after watching Romney in all of the Republican primary debates I got very comfortable with him. That doesn't mean that I agree with a lot of his views. - I think we need to raise taxes or we will never balance the budget - but he has a grasp of the issues and he is a decent person so I won't start ringing my hands if he wins. Maybe that is because I have never been a huge Obama fan. I voted for him and I will vote for him again, but I would have preferred Hillary. Maybe if it were Hillary against Romney I would have stronger feelings. Robin
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 12:14am

Obama has had 4 years and we've seen every one of his policies fail.  Now it's time to give a guy with a proven success record, and practical business and economic experience, the opportunity to turn the country around.  It's a cliche, but we really can't take another 4 years of what Obama's offering.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 11:23am

IMO, if Romney is elected our country will go down the tubes.    He would take us backward.   He will send jobs to China and try to cut minimum wage.    He likes the idea of workers living in dorms surrounded by barbed wire  fences.    He can't stand 47% of this country which includes Senior Citizens, military fighting over seas. teachers, cops, firefighters and the disabled.    I'll take the guy who is moving us forward.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 8:41pm

Technically, reversing from what Obama is doing would be sending the country up the tubes! Obama has been pushing us down, with both feet, for the past four years. It's time we said "enough"!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:10am

Obama has had a congress that made it their mission to make him a one term president.   This congress has blocked him at every turn.  Un-employment is down.   There aren't 500 people lining up for one fast food job  .   Things are finally heading forward.    We are climbing out of the awful ditch "W" threw us in.     I don't like pathological liars.   Romney changes his political view every single day.     Plus the comment about the 47% was probably the only true thing he's said.   Oh, plus his comment about not caring about the poor.     I'm sending in my absentee ballot today.   For Obama.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:18pm

It is pretty sad that when people give up looking for jobs, it is Obama's most effective method for lowering the unemployment rate.

Job creation is so poor that it can't even keep up with population growth. After four years, and cooking the numbers the best that they can, the lousy 7.8% number is nothing to crow about, it is embarrassing.

And you're damn right they are trying to make him a one term president and are blocking his actions. When he declared that he was going to fundamentally change this country, we knew he was an enemy of what this country was founded on. And they were right. He spent four years trying to destroy our foundations, and did serious damage, despite the attempts to stop him.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 8:41am

THe only enemy of this country is Congress.   Blocking the Jobs Bill that would have put millions of people back to work.   Obama saved the Auto Industry.   Now Ohio's jobless rate is 7%.   We're seeing a lot of jobs starting up.   A new steel company has just opened.   There are so many companies tied to the auto industry here.   Obama has done more for this country than the congress.   Getting us out of a very un-necessary war in Iraq.   Helping our vets.   Even where I live, there are 4 new small businesses that just opened up.    Three miles away from here an industrial park opend and there are 5-6 new buildings that are open and working with 5 more in the works.       Romney has nmade it very clear he wants to out-source jobs to China.   We tried that under Bush.   It didn't work.   That's why we're in the mess we're in. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 10:57pm

ohearto wrote:
<p>THe only enemy of this country is Congress.   Blocking the Jobs Bill that would have put millions of people back to work.   Obama saved the Auto Industry.   Now Ohio's jobless rate is 7%.   We're seeing a lot of jobs starting up.   A new steel company has just opened.   There are so many companies tied to the auto industry here.   Obama has done more for this country than the congress.   Getting us out of a very un-necessary war in Iraq.   Helping our vets.   Even where I live, there are 4 new small businesses that just opened up.    Three miles away from here an industrial park opend and there are 5-6 new buildings that are open and working with 5 more in the works.       Romney has nmade it very clear he wants to out-source jobs to China.   We tried that under Bush.   It didn't work.   That's why we're in the mess we're in. </p>

Obama saved the auto industry? No, you mean Obama spent billions and billions of our tax dollars to save his union buddies. GM was never able to restructure and get out from under their crippling union contracts, thanks to being saved by Obama, with our tax dollars, of course.

Thanks to Obama, they still have a fundamentally flawed business model, unlike Toyota, Honda, and Nissan, who have done quite well without being "saved" by Obama.

They sure are lucky Obama stepped in when he did, otherwise they would have gone through bankruptcy and emerged a leaner, healthier company. Caulk another one up for our hero!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 12:37am

ohearto wrote:
<p>THe only enemy of this country is Congress.   Blocking the Jobs Bill that would have put millions of people back to work.   Obama saved the Auto Industry.   Now Ohio's jobless rate is 7%.   We're seeing a lot of jobs starting up.   A new steel company has just opened.   There are so many companies tied to the auto industry here.   Obama has done more for this country than the congress.   Getting us out of a very un-necessary war in Iraq.   Helping our vets.   Even where I live, there are 4 new small businesses that just opened up.    Three miles away from here an industrial park opend and there are 5-6 new buildings that are open and working with 5 more in the works.       Romney has nmade it very clear he wants to out-source jobs to China.   We tried that under Bush.   It didn't work.   That's why we're in the mess we're in. </p>

Obama saved the auto industry? No, you mean Obama spent billions and billions of our tax dollars to save his union buddies. GM was never able to restructure and get out from under their crippling union contracts, thanks to being saved by Obama, with our tax dollars, of course.

Thanks to Obama, they still have a fundamentally flawed business model, unlike Toyota, Honda, and Nissan, who have done quite well without being "saved" by Obama.

They sure are lucky Obama stepped in when he did, otherwise they would have gone through bankruptcy and emerged a leaner, healthier company. Chalk another one up for our hero!

Pages