Weekly Chit Chat 10/15-10/21

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Weekly Chit Chat 10/15-10/21
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:08am

Hi again Ladies!

How's the weather been in your area?  Mine was super cold on Friday and Saturday, but now things are somewhat back to normal.  Unfortunately I had to sit outside at a marching band competition saturday evening from 6pm until midnight - BRRR!!!  the teenager has two more competitions this coming weekend, as well as a football game - I hope it stays on the warmer side for those.

Jenna refused to cooperate for her EI teacher on Saturday (the one day the lady was actually on time and didn't leave early - go figure).  It was partly our fault for not getting her up and fed sooner.  We were up plenty of time, but Jenna wouldn't eat for me so she was hungry and wanted to sit down and eat while the teacher was there.

Oh, I also discovered saturday that Jenna has her top molars in on both sides!

Work is getting to be more and more insane as the days go by.  The district is trying to implement 4 new web-based assessment and management tools for the teachers to use (starting immediately - with zero training!).  And, of course, I have to try and support them in all of this - also with no training, or access to the programs!  Fun!  And we were given new guideline for teacher observations and evaluations last week.  They are extremely stringent (even for the best of teachers) and are geared towards making sure no one does well (or so it seems).

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 5:43pm

I guess IV made the switch over to their system today.  I see my previous post lists me as "Visitor, not verified" So for those wondering who posted it was tmdm2007 - Donna

Laura, I also tried replying to your "rant" about your DCP, but I guess IV just doesn't like me today - it ate that post (or so it seems from my end).

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 2:11pm
Not loving the new iV look at the moment. From what I read it was supposed to be seamless and hard to notice there was even a change but it looks like it will still take some getting used to. I had been doing most of my reading on my phone but that is not looking easy at the moment. Just wanted to pop in quickly to say that I have been around but very busy. Angie is still not walking, she can, she just won't. She has been walking around the house on her knees and I have been trying to encourage her up to her feet more but another mom pointed out to me today that I scoot around on my knees when caring for Marissa on the floor so Angie may see me do that. I hadn't even realized it so I will have to pay more attention I guess. DH and I have been incredibly busy painting in our new house. It is getting so close to ready. The paint should be done today and the contractor is starting to get the kitchen cabinets in, the electrician will be there this week or next to get the lighting in and the rest of the plumbing will be going in soon too. After all that, they should just have the floors to do. So there is only a few weeks left - I have a lot of packing to do but I am very excited to move. Donna - I am amazed that Jenna could already have molars when her other teeth seemed to have just started coming in. Angie has been teething like crazy lately but I can't see any new teeth. I think I am going to have to pry her mouth open to see in the back!

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 11:24am

Cynthia - I think that other mom could be right on about Angie walking on her knees because that's what you do - it make so much sense.  I bet you can't wait to get into the new house.  As for Jenna, I completely wasn't expecting to see any molars yet - she still only has the 2 top and bottom ones in the front and molars should come in much later.  I hope she won't get DH's crooked and crowded teeth because of how they are coming in.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 2:29pm

So my mom spent the morning with the girls yesterday so I could get my car work done and do a little house cleaning.  I told her about making sure to get up to walk everywhere and since then Angie is doing a lot more walking.  She still goes around on her knees a lot but the difference from Tuesday to today is unbelievable.

I took a look in Angie's mouth, as best I could, to see if I could find the teeth that are coming in.  She is definitely teething and has been going almost everywhere with her cold teether hanging from her mouth.  What I found instead of teeth seems to be a blister or something.  Right behind her top front teeth is a big white spot.  It is impossible to see well enough to figure out what it is but first glance I thought it was food and when I touched it to try to get it out she freaked and it seemed hard like a tooth. But I think it might be a blister from where her bottom teeth hit since she doesn't have any back teeth to help line up her mouth.  Just something else to ask the doctor about and all the better that she will be on our dental insurance next year.  I have no idea how a dentist is supposed to see in her mouth though.

I hope everyone else is having a good week and will be around once iV clears up the boards a bit.  I'm still not happy with not being able to read from my phone since that is what I normally do and the mobile site just isn't work right at all.  Plus my June 2012 board has completely disappeared and is on their "top priorities" list to fix so I haven't been able to see what is going on with anyone there either.  I'm trying to be patient though and will stick around in the hopes that it gets better.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 3:17pm

it's a miracle....i can comment!!!!! I'm sorry I've been MIA, but ever since the changes I haven't been able to comment on a post - I try to log in an it tells me "I'm not authorized to post"......weird thing is that it told me that 5 minutes ago for the April 2013 EC, but on this board it is letting me comment?!?!?!  I'm not going to complain about being able to post here, but holy cow am I frustrated with these changes :(

I'm not sure how long I'll stick around if things don't drastically change - I agree Cynthia that I thought the changes were supposed to be minimal and barely noticed.  I miss not being able to see which posts I've read or how many new replies there are.....that's probably my biggest complaint (besides not being able to post of course).

OK, enough about that!

Donna - Hopefully Jenna gets those teeth in quickly, teething can be blah.  And hopefully she doesn't get your DH's crooked teeth ;)

Cynthia - That's amazing that you've seen such a big difference in Angie's walking in just a few days.  That's why I LOVE talking to other mom's/outsiders because sometimes they think of things you wouldn't have (like pointing out that you move on your knees all the time).  I hope the positive progress continues for you! And how exciting that the house is getting so close to finished!!! I'm sure moving will be tough in terms of finding time to pack and unpack, but once it's done it'll be well worth it.

AFM - Things with Ashley have been good lately, nothing major to report on that front.  Though some nights lately she will wake up screaming (and I MEAN screaming) once an hour, it only lasts a couple seconds and she's right back to sleep - I don't get out of bed, but it's enough to wake me out of my sleep.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I certainly hope it passes quickly because it isn't helping my pregnancy exhaustion (which doesn't seem to be passing as I enter 2T).

I actually leave tomorrow for Orlando, FL for a 5 day vacation with my mom! DH started traveling for work and feels bad that he's leaving me with Ashley alone so often that he suggested I take some time to myself for a couple of days.....so I am!  This will be a true experience for DH because he's never spent more than a couple of hours alone with Ashley.....though his mom will be coming to help for 3 of the days.....it'll still be eye opening for him ;)

I promise to keep reading the posts here and hopefully I'll continue to be able to post, but I might be MIA while on vacation! Have a great weekend ladies :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 3:26pm

Cynthia - I hope that you're right and the blister is just from where her lower teeth rub the top.  Yay for the change in Angie's walking more.  Sorry you can't get on your June 2012 board.  I still can't get on my board from Jesse's group.  It lets me see the pages and post histories, but as soon as I click on a thread I get all kinds of error messages (usually about Guru Meditation)Grr.