Accountability 10/15/12

iVillage Member
Accountability 10/15/12
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:27am

Good Morning! How did your weekend go? Did you go over budget? Spend less than you planned? Let us know...

Well we spent money we didn't really plan on. I mean, I suppose we knew we would eventually but didn't plan on it this weekend. Hubby replaced the kitchen tap and the bathroom one. Both were leaking! Plus I bought some vanish and  a brush that I have been meaning to buy for a year also at the hardware store. My SIL  bought us a beautiful wood swing for our wedding that I had not sealed yet. (still haven't lol)

$118 total so not too bad. I saw some taps that cost way more than that just for one. 

I am trying to bbq as much as I can because I know the weather won't last forever. Using up the good meat lol. Had ribs last night, so yummy.  In recent trips to the store I have been buying cheaper bulk packs that I can cook longer in the oven to make tender, and splitting the packs up into meal size portions. Or, cooking it all and having left overs for a dinner and possibly a lunch too. Love cooking once and eating twice(or more)

Hope everyones weekend was a good one. 

Community Leader
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:54pm

Late to the party, as it is Friday already! 

I did want to report that I found a pair of boots last weeked at a thrift store for $6.99 that look brand new!  Spent $30 on costume for DD12.  Ugh....

Serenity
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 4:10pm

I done really good.  I stayed home as planned, cooked,cleaned but did over do it with my back a little.  It's been giving me fits lately.  

One problem I have had this week is packing my lunch.  I've only packed it once this week.  I got to do better than that.  I'm going to trying packing it tonight before bedtime.  But I hate cold light bread, so I may make my sandwich in the morning.  

All in all a great weekend.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 10:04am

Morning all.  I was alright this weekend.  I am still playing with my budget and I think I am going to do two bigger grocery store trips when my hubby gets paid (15th and last day of the month) with a smaller amount in between for produce and milk.  I had the money available, though, so that was good.  I feel if I limit myself once a week, I won't be able to take full advantage of good sales and if I have a bit more to play with, I can stock up better.  So that is my plan.  Other than that, I spent about $5.00 in Michaels on some paper and 2 markers for my daughter.  She loves to play school and she is a good kid so I decided to spend a little on her.  I generally don't buy her toys during the year outside of the holidays and her birthday so it was a little treat for her.  Oh, and I bought her ice cream from Mr. Softee when we went down the park.  That was it for my weekend spending. 

Michele

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 7:45am

The weekend was about what I expected...

Lunch was provided at the training, so no cost there but I did stay later than I had planned and spent $4 on dinner on my way home.  I also went grocery shopping that evening which ran me $52.

I bought some pumpkins and art supplies for them on Sunday which was $20 and then another round of food shopping for $18.  So $70 spent right now and I have enough food in the house for a good 10 days of meals if I plan right.

Woo-hoo!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 2:31pm

We had a good weekend, got all of my windows washed...so now I guess winter can really hit!  Worked on our budgeting plan after seeing the post about 5 & 10 year goals.  We are 26 months away from having our mortgage paid off, if our income stays at the same level it is now & I continue to receive end of year bonuses.  I may have to start counting that down!!  Only spent $70 on groceries for the week, I made a pasta bake yesterday for leftovers this evening.  I think a stew in the crockpot tommorow will be good & fajitas in the crockpot a little later in the week.  A diamond fell out of my 25th anniversary ring so we got it into the jewelry store for a fix, it was a small diamond & of course I can't find my warranty papers, but I was in their computer system so hopefully it will be no charge.  Doctor bills are starting to hit from my mamogram scare, just thankful it ended up being nothing & have decided if I have to take a few months to pay off what the insurance doesn't cover then so be it. 

Have a good & frugal week

cindylee

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:42pm

I had a so-so weekend.

Budgeted items:

Car (routine) maintenance and gas - $100

Grocery and stuff - $35

Going to a crafter's event - $45

Non-budgeted spending:

Supplies for crafts - $130

The total "damage" is $310.  The positive side is, with those supplies, I am about 75% set for Christmas gifts.  Also, since I am traveling for work this week, there will be almost no out of pocket spending.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:13am

I had a busy weekend.  The kids had off from school Friday and are off again today.  On Saturday, dh and I drove to Cleveland so I could check out a grad school program.  (Should the inability to find parking influence my choice of grad schools?)  We stopped at Arby's on the way home for lunch ($13.40) and at Walmart for painting supplies ($52.)  That was it for spending.  I have my computer room/sunroom about half painted, so I can actually say I accomplished something this weeked.

I am looking at shuffling some of my debt around as a short term solution. I have thought about cashing in some of my stock, but have decided against it at this point.  I start back to work on Wednesday, so although it won't be much, it will help.  Things are going to turn around, I have hope.  DH is due for his annual review soon (he has been promoted but not given a raise??), and there is talk about a bonus this year, which would be great. 

This week should be frugal...I need to pick up a handful of things like milk and bread, but other than that, we are pretty well stocked.

have a great week!