1 Month Update

iVillage Member
1 Month Update
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:47am

Hi, everybody!

Welcome back to another week.

I'm pleased to say, I've offically survived *4 weeks* TODAY since I ended my A.  Guys, time really does heal.  I feel so much better today than I did, even just a week ago.

The key is definitely doing your best to maintain NC.  I slipped once at week 1, when I texted my xAP to say I'd hoped he was doing okay.  Not getting a reply back taught me an important lesson in NC.

Hope everyone here is able to experience progress!  It does get better!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 5:40pm

Congratulations on 1 month NC, Padcover.  You sound great.  Keep it up!  And thanks for the link.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 4:44pm

Further to my previous post regarding the Wayne Dyer "Wishes Fulfilled" video, here is a better link which evidently contains the full broadcast:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJP9cuKNqI

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 4:32pm

Yes - very true.

We need to envision the life that we want and go after it.  In my case, that meant ending my A that I knew deep down inside was doomed from the start, but too tempting to deny when it happened.

I am in an often extremely difficult M with a H who has serious issues.  What I really need is to face my M problems and either try to make the M work, or move on with my life.

This is my second M and it's a little scarey to think we could be headed for D.  But I have to try and see it through to its natural conclusion, instead of avoiding the pain by having an A and ultimately postponing my future.

Yesterday, I watched Dr. Wayne Dyer's "Wishes Fulfilled" program on our local PBS station.  It was incredibly uplifting and gave me hope.  For those of you who are scared and lonely, I highly recommend you listen and watch this wonderful program.  It really helped me.  Here is a link to an abbreviated portion of the program:  http://www.pbs.org/programs/dr-wayne-dyer-wishes-fulfilled/.  YouTube or other video sources may offer a longer version if you search online.

((HUGS))

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:37pm

Hey Pac!

Great update!  And thanks for sharing it...newbies need to know that things can and will get better.  You've been very proactive, and it's paying off.

How soon we recover will be dependent upon the effort we put into it.  

You rock!

Clarity