Anyone planing a babymoon?

iVillage Member
Anyone planing a babymoon?
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:04am

This is a newer trend before the baby is born to go somewhere fun while you are still able to travel.  Is anyone planning a fun trip coming up soon or just going somewhere fun for the holidays?  I don't think we're planning anything.  I really wanted to do a weekend trip somewhere since we are close to Chicago, Twin Cities, St. Louis and Omaha (they're all about 4 hours away and we're smack dab in the middle of nowhere in the middle in Iowa).  I'm not sure if we're going to make it anywhere or not.  DH really wants to try to buy a newer car before the baby gets here and he's working a job where he's putting in a lot of hours for the next few weeks.  He's hoping to use the money from this job towards a newer car.....which probably means we're staying here in Iowa the next few months :smileysad:  It's hard to convince DH to go on vacations anyway. 

What do you have planned or have you thought about taking a babymoon?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 7:16am
no i am not a planning in the baby moon i am no new for this sites
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 11:07am

well i think there are many other things as well to plan much better than this buddies.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 10:48am

After the baby arrives then plan for babymoon.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 6:35pm

We've thought about it, but there's so many better things to spend money on. We do a lot of local things anyway and I don't really see that changing too much after the baby comes. We had the opportunity to go to KY about 3 1/2 hours from where we are in Ohio for Thanksgiving with extended family, but I'll be six weeks away from my due date by then and the baby 5lbs, so I'd rather not risk it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:35am

We LOVE to travel, so yes, most likely. DH already brought up taking a long weekend somewhere in the next couple of months.

I won't think of it as a "babymoon," though, because it's not about the baby. It's about us having time to be a couple and just get away. We hope to still do that as often as possible after the baby arrives as well (maybe not in the first year or so, but definitely after that).