Pregnancy Photos

iVillage Member
Pregnancy Photos
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:07am

Is anyone planning to take pregnancy photos?  I am toying with the idea but not too sure if DH will go for it or not.  I'm not going to do anything crazy like the nude photos that some women get, but I thought it would be nice to do some photos with a fitted top and get some nice photos with DH taken.  My sister knows a friend who does them and would give us a good deal.  I could probably get ideas for poses from other photographer's websites.  Has anyone else thought about getting pregnancy photos?  I also want the baby photos that are right after birth when the baby is still really small and they can pose them in the really cute positions.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:39am

DH wants us to get some couple photos done this year, and I told him I'd like to do it before my belly gets too big. We got married 3.5 years ago, so we haven't had any nice photos done since then.

Once again, it's something we're planning that's not really about the baby per se.

Personally, I am not a big fan of the photos of the guy kissing the woman's belly, etc. It's just not my thing. I will be ok with snapshots of me pregnant, but I don't know that I'll do anything more formal.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:39pm
i've thought about it and have several photographer friends. i might see who will do them for me on the cheap. DH hates photo shoots. i made him do pics for our pregnancy announcement, so i don't know if i will ask him to do more pictures until baby is born. but i'd like a few artistic shots of the ginormous belly i'm growing here! check out pinterest for maternity photo ideas. i have a few ideas pinned, if that's helpful... http://pinterest.com/ladydy/my-someday-is-now/

my hospital offers newborn photo shoots. The shoot is free, electronic announcements are free, and you can choose to purchase packages or a disc of digital images. i'm sure we'll have that done, then lots of fun pictures of baby as he grows.

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 12:10pm
You have a lot of super cute ideas on your pintrest! I'm guessing you are a big giraffe fan?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 6:32pm

We're going to take maternity photos sometime in December (at 9 months). I want us both to wear white shirts and jeans (pretty casual) and maybe bare feet. We're doing it at a local studio in the mall. I take weekly bare belly photo shots, but I don't think I want my belly exposed for the shoot.

As far as infant photos, our hospital does them and we just chose the package and order. I'm sure there will be plenty of family taking photos as well and if the hospital package photos are too much, then we'll go to the same local studio as maternity and take those in the first two weeks.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 11:06am

I don't have now,but i will love to upload for sure when i will be pregnant!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 9:40am
ha, i saw you'd checked out my pinterest boards. i just separated out nursery ideas since it was getting a little difficult to find ideas easily. giraffes are a zoo animal favorite for both DH and me. we put the 4' giraffe in the nursery, but decided against a whole giraffe theme. pinterest has been great for finding ideas for the nursery! nice to not just go to babies r us and get the bedding, decorations, decals, etc. that comes in a package all ready to go. i want to put my own feel into the baby's room.

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013