What's your Starbucks splurge?

Community Leader
What's your Starbucks splurge?
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:46am

I'm adding this because of the thread above. Have you all heard of Starbucks secret menu?  My kids order off of it.  I stick w/ coffee or lattes because I don't like to drink my calories.  I'll have to say, though, the free pumpkin latte they gave out post-marathon was the best thing I've ever had.  I was so cold after and it just hit the spot.  Thank you Starbucks!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:59pm
I love caramel frapucinnos....I don't have them often...if I drink caffeine in the afternoon I don't fall asleep easily..if they come in decaf, I don't want to know because the wayi discourage myself from them is the caffeine- there is a Starbucks near where I get my nails done, and I sometimes will get one then...but I find I then begin to think I should get one every time and tgat's not a good plan...I don't really like their coffee...too strong for me...I mostly drink tea but I like Red Rose tea that I can make at home...I hate if I have to make a choice about what kind of tea I want. Sp it's frapucinnos or nothing for me....
Community Leader
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 2:12pm

Their coffees are really strong and not in a good way. I love strong coffee but theirs tastes overly roasted.  I have to ask for an inch for milk.  I find some of their drinks too sweet so I have asked for half pump but then it doesn't taste enough like whatever I've ordered, plus I realized I was paying quite a lot for a half pump of syrup.  I have no problems falling asleep, even w/ caffeine. It's the staying asleep I have problems with.

Community Leader
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 9:09am

OMG, a secret menu?  What's on that?!  I get overloaded with starbuck's, andI suspect others are two, which why the created the refreshers (I love the berry hibiscus one, but, really, $4 for a small cup of iced tea?!)

Once a year, I buy a full sugar one, but I agree with you, Jean, it's still too sweet.  I want the flavor with half the sugar, please.