100 lbs goal: November 2013!!

iVillage Member
100 lbs goal: November 2013!!
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:56am

Day 1 -

I'm back on this site to try to find help or help myself. I did a great thing on the "get out of debt" area a few years back which got me on the road to good financial health (I now have a house and a car!). and though I am a little strapped for money, it is the first year but I feel super confident in my abilities to continue on the good road financially! HOWEVER, my weight has been slowly declinining - first and foremost because I am older, second because I know I have a thyroid condition and don't take care of it, and third because I make tons of excuses for my worst addiction which is lazyness.

But I can't do this anymore. It is not about looking pretty, having nice clothes, finding the "love of my life"; I don't care about any of that anymore, what I do care about because it is so present and SCREAMS at me each morning is my aches and pains. It hurts so much to get out of bed when all your body hurts, when you wake up with an awful headache, and the main culprit of all of this is my WEIGHT!!

So here is to trying one more time, one more thing, because this time it is about more than just vanity!!

Lilly

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 4:06pm

I have to remind myself that it is not a failure if I do one thing wrong. Right now, I'm just so tired and achy, that I wish I didn't have to do any of this. I have to remind myself that even if it is painful or I hate it, in the long run it will be good. Losing weight will take off excess preassure through out my body which will feel better. It is not about losing weight to be skinny - it is about feeling well - in my skin, in my clothes, in my surroundings.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 4:09pm
The good things I did for today: I threw out some old candy I had in my bag for what seems forever. I drank (thus far) about 4 glasses of water. I took my vitamins. THESE ARE GOOD THINGS!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 10:13am

Day 2 -

Well, yesterday I didn't "exercise," but I moved more than usual. Because no one was home when I got there, instead of just sitting in front of the TV, or waiting for dinner, I cleaned up a bit, put away the clean dishes and washed all the dishes that were dirty. I strained out the living room. I also went down the stairs on my way home, so that is a very small movement, but it is some (no elevator). I did take the elevater up today when I got to the office. I woke up with a horrible headache again. Second day with pain as I wake up, and actually it started in the middle of the night and didn't sleep well. I thought that all the water I drank yesterday would help with the sinuses drying up. Not sure what to do. Maybe what I ate was counterproductive to the water since it was a bit salty (left over pizza). I really have to work on my eating. But I am happy to say that I did not go for cinnamon rolls or donuts this week (THIS IS A GOOD THING), which has been my weekly thing for the last 2 months or so.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 2:23pm
You are doing really well! Part of this is learning how to change your life over time but the other part of this is learning to be kind to yourself. I hear you doing that, and THIS FOR SURE IS A GOOD THING! :) Each day just remember, you can do this, you can get better, you can improve, you can move your body, you can push yourself even when it hurts, and you can beat this thing!! I'm so pulling for you!!
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 5:04pm
it is so great to read your words. encouragement is always so helpful. It makes one feel like a success. Thank you very much. Well the GOOD THINGS for today (thus far) is I had 3 glasses of water today. I took my vitamins. And I ate a sandwich, but the good thing was that I did NOT drink the soda that I grabbed from the fridge!!! Hooray for me!! Difficult thing to pass up most of the time. On a separate note, I was going to withdraw money form my CC and did not - so extra kudos for me and my financial health. I know it has nothing to do with my weight, but it makes me feel super good.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 11:00am

Day 3 -

Well, yesterday was not such a good day. I ate pizza in the morning, a ban-mih for lunch, and then pork in green sauce for dinner, but then my sister go home and she brough fried wings and I ATE THEM!! And on top of that I had 2 sodas yesterday - NOT A GOOD THING!!  But I did take my vitamins, drank my water.

Today started out good - NO HEADACHE!! So happy about that; it just ruins the whole day when I wake up in pain. The pains are not so bad today. I made a smoothie and brought it for breakfast and lunch. My smoothies are milk, protein powder, banana, almonds, oatmeal, ice and usually an apple (had no apples this morning) - all blended nice and smooth! Keeps you full for quite a bit. The container where I had my breakfast smoothie is now full of water and it is 24 oz. Hope to drink 2 of those at work and then fill it again at home.

I'll see about going up and down the stairs today. I'll report later on that.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 12:37pm
Sounds like you are starting out really good today! You can do this!! :) PS. Sorry I'm not posting much on the main board. A lot of the threads say Error when I click on them. Including my own journal. Have a great afternoon!!
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 1:43pm
GOOD THINGS: I took my vitamins, already had 24 oz of water and are on my second 24 oz, had my protein smoothie for breakfast. I must remember to breath deeply. I also have to work on the stress in my life. I HATE DRIVING!! I catch myself not breathing and tense when I drive to and from work. I decided to do a USB with my subliminal message music about relaxation, loosing weight, and enjoying exercise. We'll see how that works. I also have to remember A.N.T. - avoid negative thoughts. I have to hang my little ANT from my rear view mirror to remember or something. My family's problems are not my problem's. I just gotta be supportive and stay out of their business, and BREATH DEEPLY!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 11:01am

Day - 4

Well, I was thinking last night that yesterday wasn't a great day - but thinking through right now, it wasn't so horrible.  I had a smoothie for breakfast, a banana for a snack, yogurt and fruit for lunch, and then of course dinner is always a problem, but it wasn't so horrible. I had pork in green sauce. ONE GOOD THING: I didn't have any soda!! But I did have extra of some carnitas - fried pork meat - that my sister had brought for my niece who is visiting. And then my sister brought some small egg rolls from the store and I ate two. It isn't the best I can do, but I'll go with that it wasn't so horrible. I drank all my water and took my vitamins = GOOD THINGS!! I didn't drink more water at home, but made myself some tea around 9 pm because I was so tired and wanted a good night sleep. Sleepy Time Extra is my FAVORITE TEA now; made me sleep like a baby. And NO HEADACHE!!!

This morning though I did something I had not done in a quite a while - I stopped for some McDonald's. Ever since that pink slime report came out, I had not eaten there (though my sister brought me a sausage muffin once). We'll see how the dray progresses.  Not feeling it so much today, but we'll work through it!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 5:20pm
well, I had McDonald's for breakfast and lunch. I had a sausage muffin and hash browns for breakfast and another sausage muffin for lunch. And I had coffee with sugar, which I want to cut back on - I won;t say stop because that would be just too much. Now we are almost ready to head out to an event that is honoring my boss (yes, a little brown nosing tonight, but it is good for public relations) and hopefully dinner will be good and not so bad for me. No drinking since I'm driving home and in the dark. I HATE DRIVING!! Must remember my deep breathing. I had all my water and my vitamins. Tomorrow is a new beginning. New day. New chance to do what I must do for my health and well being.

Pages