Yay!

iVillage Member
Yay!
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:02pm

I'm excited about iV changing message boards. I hope hope hope it facilitates ease of use again and the site rebuilds. It's an important congregating place for women.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: nellewrites
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 4:05pm

Well, let's see if this numbers posts since that was one of our issues. 

iVillage Member
In reply to: iluvkrat
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 4:06pm

...and no, it doesn't, and it looks like it was designed 15 years ago.  Ugh.  No love from me.

iVillage Member
In reply to: cmdonnab
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:41pm

Hi..

I know it's disconcerting (for lack of a better term) but they are working on things. Counts, posts not displaying properly, avatars, etc., they're all on the list. We're passing along everything we find (your posts, things we run into ourselves) and they are truly working on it as I type. The switch, so to speak, was flipped just a few hours ago, so it's really early in the game but we hope to see a lot of this fixed soon.

Thanks for your patience! On a good note, the boards are already a lot faster, so that's a good sign!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:47pm
I'm seeing error messages on any threads that were started before today. Are you aware of this? I use Google Chrome and installed the add-on.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:25pm

Are you able to see threads that were started today in any browser? (Notating this...) This is a known issue but I want to be sure I pass along any new info or specs.

Thanks...

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:27pm

nellewrites wrote:
<p>I'm excited about iV changing message boards. I hope hope hope it facilitates ease of use again and the site rebuilds. It's an important congregating place for women.</p>

Nelle, I just wanted to say YES, I agree with you! This should speed things up and make navigation easier, as well as some other things we've learned in the last couple of years ;)   Can't wait until we get the bugs out! It's being done in-house now, and that makes it much easier to get things on the top of the list.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:25pm
I can see this thread, so far, it's the only one from the boards I frequent. (On Google Chrome. When I click on any others, there is an error message. The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later. I opened IE and got the same error on the Big Bird Thread, but this thread (Yay) opened. Does that make sense?
iVillage Member
In reply to: rhpearson1
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:49pm

I've been around in one form or another for a long time (8 years!) so I'm looking forward to the changes, too. Lagging boards and errors get rather annoying after a while. 

Build your own free website for your family pictures! www.totsites.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 1:07pm

rhpearson1 wrote:
<p>I've been around in one form or another for a long time (8 years!) so I'm looking forward to the changes, too. Lagging boards and errors get rather annoying after a while. </p>

The lagging should be gone -- that was one big reason we switched to in-house boards, and so far, so good! The errors though are being worked on. Many are already gone, and they're working on fixes for those that remain. I appreciate the patience!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 12:44pm

Is it going to give posters a clue about if there are new posts in a thready that they haven't read?  So far I'm not seeing that.

“Clearly," said Arthur,"you're an idiot- but you're our kind of idiot. Come on.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

Pages