Yay!

iVillage Member
Yay!
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:02pm

I'm excited about iV changing message boards. I hope hope hope it facilitates ease of use again and the site rebuilds. It's an important congregating place for women.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: ohearto
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 10:58am

I hope they fix the count.   I don't like having to go thru all the threads I've already read.   Especially when there are a lot of responses.     I've had a few issues logging in.  Once it said I wasn't a member.    But it is running faster.  

iVillage Member
In reply to: nellewrites
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 7:24pm
Don't count on universal joy. I've been away since the 7th; hadn't accessed iVillage's websites at all. In this new "improved" version, I cannot see ANY of the response threads. Coupled with the overhaul two years ago (which IMHO was a marked turn for the worse), am thinking the time has come to bid adieu.

Jabberwocka

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 12:49pm

And I can see that to the left of my post it cuts off my name.

“Clearly," said Arthur,"you're an idiot- but you're our kind of idiot. Come on.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 12:44pm

Is it going to give posters a clue about if there are new posts in a thready that they haven't read?  So far I'm not seeing that.

“Clearly," said Arthur,"you're an idiot- but you're our kind of idiot. Come on.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

iVillage Member
In reply to: cmdonnab
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 1:07pm

rhpearson1 wrote:
<p>I've been around in one form or another for a long time (8 years!) so I'm looking forward to the changes, too. Lagging boards and errors get rather annoying after a while. </p>

The lagging should be gone -- that was one big reason we switched to in-house boards, and so far, so good! The errors though are being worked on. Many are already gone, and they're working on fixes for those that remain. I appreciate the patience!

iVillage Member
In reply to: rhpearson1
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:49pm

I've been around in one form or another for a long time (8 years!) so I'm looking forward to the changes, too. Lagging boards and errors get rather annoying after a while. 

Build your own free website for your family pictures! www.totsites.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 10:25pm
I can see this thread, so far, it's the only one from the boards I frequent. (On Google Chrome. When I click on any others, there is an error message. The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later. I opened IE and got the same error on the Big Bird Thread, but this thread (Yay) opened. Does that make sense?
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:27pm

nellewrites wrote:
<p>I'm excited about iV changing message boards. I hope hope hope it facilitates ease of use again and the site rebuilds. It's an important congregating place for women.</p>

Nelle, I just wanted to say YES, I agree with you! This should speed things up and make navigation easier, as well as some other things we've learned in the last couple of years ;)   Can't wait until we get the bugs out! It's being done in-house now, and that makes it much easier to get things on the top of the list.

iVillage Member
In reply to: cmdonnab
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:25pm

Are you able to see threads that were started today in any browser? (Notating this...) This is a known issue but I want to be sure I pass along any new info or specs.

Thanks...

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:47pm
I'm seeing error messages on any threads that were started before today. Are you aware of this? I use Google Chrome and installed the add-on.

Pages