Pregnancy pictures

iVillage Member
Pregnancy pictures
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:12pm

Is anyone planning on getting pregnancy pictures taken?  I really want to have some taken but don't know how excited DH is about it.  I just want pictures that show my bump, not nude or anything like that.  I just want some cute shots with DH and I putting our hands on my big belly and get some cute pics of me and DH prior to our LO being born.  I think it would be nice to have and show our little girl years from now. Plus I also want to get the pics that they do right after the baby is born when they are still easily posed into cute positions.  Has anyone else done this or plans on doing this?  I figure I can get cute ideas for poses on other photographer's websites so we can do some fun poses.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:36am

We are really bad with pictures. I mean we do get our kids' pictures taken but as far as creative stuff, we are not so good.  We need to print out all our digital photos at some point and start organizing them.  I don't scrapbook either.  -1 point on the good mom-o-meter for me.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 10:14am

I always wanted to do pregnancy photos, but I just never got around to it with my DS and to be honest, I probably won't this time either.  I like the IDEA of having them done, but the reality is that I hate having my picture taken.  :)

As for those newborn shots ... I thought that all babies were smushy & could be molded into cute little poses, but my son shattered those illusions!  It took 3 different tries/days before we could get his newborn pics done & the only way they did get taken was because the photographer finally caught him when he was sleeping!  He's been a stubborn little devil from the moment he was conceived & just refused to cooperate with picture taking of any sort and he certainly would not allow himself to be folded up in baskets & blankets & into cute little poses.  Not my boy!  We'll see if his sister is any different. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 6:20pm
I've never done them. I've personally never wanted to because I look horrid when I'm pregnant, imo. I do naked belly shots and keep them in my personal photo collection but no one will ever see them. Actually, I'm not even sure if DH knows I have them... :D I do LOVE those ones you posted Amber and if I were to do some they would be along the lines of those. And I agree with PP, there are some awesome ones I've seen on Pinterest!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 4:54pm

I did them with my DS and I want to do them again. SO wasn't in the ones for DS and I don't think he wants to this time either. I really wanted some of us together but he's being difficult. I did them clothed and naked. I love, love, love the naked ones for myself. After DS was born I gave my mom a clothed one and a newborn pic together in a frame. I thought it was cute comparison. I did his pics at 6 weeks but I think I'm going to try to do this LO's a little earlier. The younger they are the more scrunched they are. I've been collecting poses I like on pinterest.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:40pm

I'm planning on doing a maternity shoot with my sister who is a photographer.  I want it to be simple and classy.  I'm waayyyy too self-conscious to go nude or even partially nude, so we'll probably just be creative.  This is one of my favorite collection of maternity shots ever.. We'll probably do something similar (except I won't have her fabulous hair and wardrobe..And..everything else :smileywink:)

http://www.greylikesbaby.com/uncategorized/absolutely-classic/

I also want to do some that are Christmas related, so we'll wait until December when our tree and decorations are up.