Fantasmic for a 2 yr old?

iVillage Member
Fantasmic for a 2 yr old?
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:30pm

I have reservations for the Fantasmic dining package on the last night of our trip--5:15 dinner at Hollywood and Vine, and then priority seating at Fantasmic.  I haven't seen Fantasmic in years, and I don't remember if it's appropriate for a 2 yr old--what do you think?  I have to cancel 48 hrs in advance if I decide not to do it.  She loves parades, fireworks, etc, so I think she'll like it, but I wanted others opinions who've been more recently.

Thanks!

~Tiffany

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 10:38pm

Thanks ladies!  Maddie really isn't bothered by loud noises--she does get a little afraid if it's pitch black, but she's easily consolable (sp?) if she's in mine or DH's lap.  I *think* she'll be OK--I have until Thursday to cancel with no fees, so we'll see how she does Wed and Thur :)

~Tiffany

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 2:37pm

I think you'll be okay with a young 2 year old.  My son could handle it (just turned 2) because he isn't yet at the point where he realizes good vs. bad to any great extent.  My 4.5 year old daughter would be terrified though!!!!  She would be scared of the villians and them being 'mean' to the characters she knows and loves.  However, if your daughter spooks with loud noises, I would hold back.  Maybe see how she does at other shows and go from there.  The only thing that really scares my son is the dark and at 2 my daughter was the same way.  I think they become more sensitive to the emotions that are played upon in Fantasmic as they get older.  

Let us know how it goes!

Melissap.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 1:41pm

If she's not easily scared, I think it will be okay. We took DD when she was 4 but scared of everything, and even though she was a little nervous at first, she ended up loving it. Just be prepared to cover their eyes or ears if it gets too intense. 

We are planning to take DS in April and he'll be 2. He can be unpredictable - I've seen him laugh at stuff that would scare even me, but he has also gotten really upset about seemingly little stuff too. Earplus or ear muffs might be a good idea, now that I think of it. 

Hope you have a great trip!!!

Cool Jaime (Me) **** Laughing Brian (DH) **** Smile Lily (DD-10) **** Tongue OutOwen (DS-3)