Weight loss question

iVillage Member
Weight loss question
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:49pm

Anyone else start losing weight already? MS has takend away my love of food. The first 2 weeks I couldn't stop eating, now the thought of anything makes me sick. I started off at 155-went up to 159 with bloat and eating like crazy. Then after a weekend of pretty much not eating unless DH made me..im down to 154. I drink plenty of water, and im not skinny so losing weight is ok right? How much until I should call the dr? I haven't thrown up or anything I just dont get hungry, and when I do a few crackers is all I can manage. With DD I would throw up and then get hungry...so I never lost with her, only gained. This is new for me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 6:55pm

It's my understanding that it's totally fine. Ideally you aren't really gaining much in the first trimester, and it's really normal to lose weight with morning sickness. I'm down a few pounds, and hoping to keep my weight gain low during this pregnancy (just because I've had a really hard time losing it with my past 3). I would just let your dr know your real starting weight when you have your first appt, they can help decide when to worry :)

Lisa

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 1:47am
I had hyperemesis pretty bad with DD, and I lost 25 pounds by 12 weeks. Doc said "it was fine" as baby was getting all she needed from me, which was probably true, but that left me with not so much LOL! Have you talked to your doctor about Zofran or something similar? Most docs don't mind writing a script, but check your insurance because it's really really pricey! (Odansetron is a generic that is very cheap though) It works WONDERS for me, allowed me to keep food down from weeks 12-23 when the nausea finally cleared up. The only downfall is constipation, but you can add fiber to your water which is tasteless and eat beans once a day and you're golden :D
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:02am

I lose 14 lbs in my first trimester with my son because of hyperemesis (had to be briefly hospitalized due to dehydration) and went on to have a healthy pregnancy.  If you're worried, call your doctor (that's why he/she is there).  This time around, I am only 6 weeks but continue to lose (I had been on a year long weight loss journey after having 3 back-to-back kids)--my appetite is just kind of weak. 

Photobucket,

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-22-2014 - 12:55am

Have you ever heard about venus factor or fat loss factor? The both programs can help you with weight loss naturally at home. I did try and got rid of some unwanted pounds