Jodie Foster's Golden Globes Confessional

iVillage Member
Jodie Foster's Golden Globes Confessional
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 9:00am

Delivering a rambling and confessional speech, Jodie Foster, honored for the Cecil B. DeMille award for lifetime achievement in film at the 70th Annual Golden Globes, addressed rumors that she is a lesbian.

“I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age, in those very quaint days when a fragile young girl would open up to trusted friends and family and co-workers and then gradually, proudly to everyone who knew her, to everyone she actually met."

She then acknowledged her ex-partner, Cydney Bernard, as well as their two sons, Charlie and Kit. The 50-year-old added, “Jodie Foster is still here, I still am, and I want to be seen to be understood, deeply and to not be so very lonely.”
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/2013-golden-globes/jodie-foster-golden-globes-speech-034436589.html

It was an amazingly touching moment and my favorite speech of the night.

What was your favorite Golden Globes moment?

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 9:33am

You nailed my favorite moment... Jodi's speech. When she spoke to her mom, I cried. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 11:43am
That was a tearjerker for me as well, there were so many in the audience tearing up! I also loved Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting, they did an awesome job. It was really funny to see Amy with George Clooney when they showed her during her category.

photo abbysummer_zps85da8a35.jpg