Tuscan Chicken Sandwiches?

iVillage Member
Tuscan Chicken Sandwiches?
Mon, 09-19-2005 - 10:50am

This is my first post to this group, but I have been taking your recipes for a while now. A couple of weeks ago, my sister & I went to Mix-it-Up meals (where you prepare the meals there and freeze them to use when you need them). Our favorite was the Tuscan chicken, which was a crock pot recipe. Neither my sister or I can remember all the ingredients so I was hoping someone here might know this recipe. It has a pesto-like taste, and there were red peppers. TIA!

Linda

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2005 - 11:12am
Hi Linda... glad that you posted.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2005 - 11:20am
Tuscan Chicken Sandwiches

These easy chicken sandwiches recipes with an Italian flair are cooked in your crockpot.

INGREDIENTS:

• 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup pesto
  • 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
  • 1 focaccia bread, split in half

PREPARATION:

In 4-5 quart slow cooker, place chicken, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pour chicken broth over. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.

In small bowl combine mayonnaise, pesto, and chopped tomato; blend well and refrigerate.

When chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove from crockpot and shred, using two forks. Return chicken to crockpot and mix well to blend.

Make sandwiches with tomato pesto spread, focaccia bread, and chicken filling. 6 sandwiches

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-19-2005 - 12:23pm
Thank you!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket