1 large sweet or white onion, sliced or cut into small chunks
2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
2 c. biscuit mix
2/3 c. milk

Optional: Quick Tip: substitute canned biscuits for biscuit mix and milk

Place carrots and onions in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and broth. Cover and cook 6-8 hours on low. An hour before serving time, and preparing the rest of your meal (a green vegetable or other side dish is good with this main course), prepare dumplings and add them to the crock pot.

Dumplings: Combine 2 cups of biscuit mix with 2/3 cup milk. Mix well with fork. Drop spoonfuls of dough into chicken broth in the crock pot. Turn crock pot on high and cook dumplings for 1 hour.

OPTIONAL QUICK TIP: Instead of making your own dumplings you can use a can of cheap dairycase biscuits. Break open biscuits, pull each biscuit into four pieces and toss into the broth, cook on high for 20-30 minutes as dumplings cook down to your preferred texture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-27-2006 - 10:23am

In the process of putting this together now. Wanted to bump it up so I can find it later lol. I'm in the mood for C&D since it will be cold & wet tonight :) I can sleep while it cooks!

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-28-2006 - 5:46am
I like it very much...although the dumplings took way longer took cook even on high.....but still yummy