Crockpot Meatball Taco Soup

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-05-2006 - 3:48pm

You can make this recipe mild or spicy depending on the type of salsa you use. For really spicy soup, add a diced jalapeno pepper along with the vegetables.

INGREDIENTS:
16 oz. pkg. frozen Italian meatballs
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (14 oz.) cans ready to serve beef broth
16 oz. jar salsa or picante sauce
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1 cup ditalini pasta
2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
PREPARATION:
Combine meatballs, onion, green pepper, garlic, beef broth, salsa or picante sauce, chili powder, and cumin in a 3-4 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours. Add pasta and seasonings, stir well, cover, and cook on low an additional hour or until pasta is tender.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-28-2006 - 8:03am
So I thought I would give the frozen meatballs a try and I tried this recipe, I ate cereal for dinner instead! lol Didn't care for it. DH & DS ate theirs...but in the end DH said I wouldn't ask for it again. ;) Which is a good thing, cuz I wouldn't make it again.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-28-2006 - 8:11am

Don't you hate that, Chrissy... but I guess you just never know until you try it.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-28-2006 - 8:17am

I do hate that, especially when it takes all day in the crock and you smell it and are looking forward to it! lol The flavor was off..?? I have made other taco soups that I LOVE...just got a hold of a bad one (Thank God I posted this...I can't hurt my own feelings lol)

I ate my high Fibre Crisp cereal that night. It's nice and filling ;)

Photobucket